XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Need Help!! 4.3 Update-No Boot other than Odin

Tip us?

twofourturbo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Unhappy [Q] Need Help!! 4.3 Update-No Boot other than Odin

Needing some help here guys, I've got a Verizon SCH-i605.
Phone was originally rooted and unlocked with casual when first released. Phone had always been on stock rom with root and custom recovery. Prior to the 4.1.2 OTA Update from Verizon I flashed factory Recovery followed by using Root Keeper to keep root and successfully updated to 4.1.2. Since that time phone had been kept on Stock Rom with root and factory recovery and life was good until today. The phone received the 4.3 update and it was decided to allow the update. During install the phone rebooted but got stuck on the black screen with the words "SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II" that is first displayed when booting up. The phone will not boot past that point and just sticks to that screen. I attempted to book into factory recovery with no luck, but I've been able to boot into Odin.

Steps I have take:
I downloaded the 4.3 system files"VRUEMJ9" from imnuts http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2040264
I used Odin3 v3.07 and placed the file in PDA and Odin states it was successful but the phone reboots and gets stuck back on the same "SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II" Screen as mentioned before. At this point i'm at a loss. I flashed the sch-i605-16gb.pit file which was successful flash but no boot. I also tried flashing the system file back to 4.1.2 which failed so I reflashed the VRUEMJ9 File and now back to the same stuck boot screen. Does anyone have any suggestions at this point cause i'm stuck. Thanks in advance.

akellar
Old
Thanks Meter 1713
Quote:
Originally Posted by twofourturbo View Post
Phone was originally rooted and unlocked with casual when first released. Phone had always been on stock rom with root and custom recovery. Prior to the 4.1.2 OTA Update from Verizon I flashed factory Recovery followed by using Root Keeper to keep root and successfully updated to 4.1.2. Since that time phone had been kept on Stock Rom with root and factory recovery and life was good until today. The phone received the 4.3 update and it was decided to allow the update. During install the phone rebooted but got stuck on the black screen with the words "SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II" that is first displayed when booting up. The phone will not boot past that point and just sticks to that screen. I attempted to book into factory recovery with no luck, but I've been able to boot into Odin.

Steps I have take:
I downloaded the 4.3 system files"VRUEMJ9" from imnuts http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2040264
I used Odin3 v3.07 and placed the file in PDA and Odin states it was successful but the phone reboots and gets stuck back on the same "SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE II" Screen as mentioned before. At this point i'm at a loss. I flashed the sch-i605-16gb.pit file which was successful flash but no boot. I also tried flashing the system file back to 4.1.2 which failed so I reflashed the VRUEMJ9 File and now back to the same stuck boot screen. Does anyone have any suggestions at this point cause i'm stuck. Thanks in advance.
Try a factory reset in stock recovery if you can get to it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
Please note, I do not do ROM support via PM. If you have a question, ask in the device thread. Thanks.

twofourturbo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by akellar View Post
Try a factory reset in stock recovery if you can get to it.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using xda app-developers app
It doesn't even respond to the Vol up + Home + Power button other than going straight to the same "Samsung galaxy Note II" Screen as mentioned before.

fwhitman
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default I recovered from that

Quote:

Steps I have take:
Did you put your phone in download mode before re-applying VRUEMJ9 with ODIN?

twofourturbo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Yes. I got the phone into Odin each time I flashed it.

rdeluis
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I had the same issue and this is how I got it working.
I start up the phone in download mode, connected to my pc, opened the verizon upgrade assistant and do a repair flash. That worked. I rooted using Kingo. However the bootloader is locked and you won't be able to use any custom recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

twofourturbo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default B-E-A-U-TIFUL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeluis View Post
I had the same issue and this is how I got it working.
I start up the phone in download mode, connected to my pc, opened the verizon upgrade assistant and do a repair flash. That worked. I rooted using Kingo. However the bootloader is locked and you won't be able to use any custom recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Amazing.. Thanks for your help. Had a little struggle finding the upgrade assistant so I had to pull it from my note 3 and install it with my note 3 before hooking up the note 2. But once it was installed on my computer it picked up the Note 2 in Odin Mode and worked perfectly.. Thanks again for your help..

mustc
Old
(Last edited by mustc; 29th December 2013 at 05:10 AM.) Reason: not attached to right note
Thanks Meter 1
This was the solution I was searching for. the 4.3 update bricked my wife's note II. this fixed it. thanks.

Christt
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustc View Post
This was the solution I was searching for. the 4.3 update bricked my wife's note II. this fixed it. thanks.
I bricked my note II, and CNNOT find the the software "VZW upgrade assistant" !!!!! Could you upload the installer or email me? Thank you so much!

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:48 AM ----------

Quote:
Amazing.. Thanks for your help. Had a little struggle finding the upgrade assistant so I had to pull it from my note 3 and install it with my note 3 before hooking up the note 2. But once it was installed on my computer it picked up the Note 2 in Odin Mode and worked perfectly.. Thanks again for your help..
I bricked my note II, and CNNOT find the the software "VZW upgrade assistant" !!!!! Could you upload the installer or email me? Win7 x64
Thank you so much!

Tags
4.3, brick, sch-i605, stuck, verizon