[Q] Power off with wifi off, then power on, open wifi = reboot ,Why?

Search This thread

qswind

Jan 18, 2014
i rooted my hdx7, install safestrap, and flashed this :

thor-gapps-rom-2.zip

it is perfect rom, but every time i power off hdx with wifi off , and after i power on hdx, open wifi , my hdx must reboot ;

(每次wifi关闭时关机,再开机后打开wifi时hdx总会重启)

Can somebody help me? thank you very much .

Hanzo.Hasashi

Feb 12, 2011
Minas Tirith
Can you remember if you had that issue before doing any modification to your device? I am stock without root etc.but I have the same issue. I can't remember though if I had the problem before I installed the Google apps. I think it has something to do with the Google apps

~Kindlefired~

qswind

Jan 18, 2014
Can you remember if you had that issue before doing any modification to your device? I am stock without root etc.but I have the same issue. I can't remember though if I had the problem before I installed the Google apps. I think it has something to do with the Google apps

~Kindlefired~

Thank you for your answer,

issue one: i rooted stock rom, installed safestrap, flashed hashcode's stock rom, then rooted again, and changed "310079820" to "310079819" in build.prop, then updated, I think it is stock rom,(but my hdx7 is come from Japanese Amazon). if I power off with wifi off, after reboot, sometimes when i open wifi, my hdx7 will reboot, and after reboot, wifi working normally.

issue two: My question - i have do nothing , after restore stock data, flash "thor-gapps-rom-2.zip", setting up , everything is OK, but each time i power off with wifi off, - open wifi means reboot ,and after reboot , wifi still off. i have to reflash my hdx7. finally , if i use thor-gapps-rom-2.zip, wifi will be opened forever.

skoop99

i rooted my hdx7, install safestrap, and flashed this :

thor-gapps-rom-2.zip

it is perfect rom, but every time i power off hdx with wifi off , and after i power on hdx, open wifi , my hdx must reboot ;

(每次wifi关闭时关机,再开机后打开wifi时hdx总会重启)

Can somebody help me? thank you very much .
Mine does the same after using the same method. Created a new ROm slot, installed "Stock ROM", & GApps, same as OP.

Whenever I turn WiFi on, device reboots. It was fine when I installed it, but after I'd switched the WiFi off to test my 4G connection, it now reboots when I try to turn the WiFi back on. And when it is rebooting it, does the "Kindle is upgrading" thing EVERY time...

It is fine when I go into Recovery, switch to the stock ROM, and use that... But then of course I don't have my GApps...

Although I still seem to have root. Can I install GApps on the stock ROM, I wonder...