[Q] Bootlooping, fixed, now bootlooping again
Excuse me if this is too much a noob question. Most important points have a *
- I was given a S i9000 by a friend who had already modified the code somehow.
- Always slow to start - sometimes 15 mins of the Galaxy start screen coming and going, as if bootlooping, but then it would eventually start working. (Sometimes much quicker. Odd).
- Sometimes I got an error message that the file 1386580044060.xml couldn't be found. Nothing would happen - that message just appeared and then disappeared.
* One day it was bootlooping. A friend fixed it as detailed here:
- The message about 1386580044060.xml being missing still kept appearing, now more frequently.
* Then after a couple of weeks the phone went back into bootloop.
1) Is there a fix?
2) Is it worth it or will this sort of thing keep happening?
Ideally I think (warning: noob speaking) I'd like to image the phone with an image of an out-of-the-box - but I'm here for your advice!
Thanks for any thoughts.