Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Don’t Fear Flashing with I Don’t Want You!

The XDA message boards are full of various modifications, with many of these helping … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] slow performance / pier theme.

OP Wobzy

1st March 2014, 05:48 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 75

343 posts
Anyone using pier theme, experiencing lag, or both, please read on.

I'm using;
- Xperia Z1
- Deodexed stock ROM
- Themer
- Modified 'pier' theme (zooper widget)
- 2 home screens (multi wallpaper)

After exiting apps back to home screen, it's slow and it staggers.

The widgets disappear and reappear while it refreshes.

Even with all widgets visible I'm sometimes waiting five to ten seconds for any response.

If it opens to my second screen, it loads the wallpaper of my first screen until I go back then forward.

And a really odd thing happens after a few wallpaper changes ; a mysterious third screen appears in the homescreen menu, whether I delete it or leave it, when I save the new setup, the widgets are replaced by a google search bar on both screens.

Given the last issue I'm ruling out hardware.

I experienced slight delays on a previous theme - also modified - using the native widget creator, but not to this extent.

Does anyone know if this is related to zooper / themer / the theme itself?

-

sent via xda premium on my xperia Z1;
- C6903 [LB] rooted deodexed stock .257
1st March 2014, 11:00 AM   |  #2  
Flag Rochdale
Thanks Meter: 209

531 posts
More
I can't say via zooper as I very rarely use it but I would say the third screen is themer related as I have the same issue now using latest version,,it's as if themer has just added a ghost screen from a previous theme,reboot doesn't solve it,nor does a reinstall of themer,sorry I can't help with zooper but at least it rules out that as the problem.
1st March 2014, 01:11 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
I think if themer has just added a ghost screen from a previous theme,reboot doesn't solve it,nor does a reinstall of themer,sorry I can't help with zooper but at least it rules out that as the problem.
1st March 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #4  
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter: 453

993 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobzy

Anyone using pier theme, experiencing lag, or both, please read on.

I'm using;
- Xperia Z1
- Deodexed stock ROM
- Themer
- Modified 'pier' theme (zooper widget)
- 2 home screens (multi wallpaper)

After exiting apps back to home screen, it's slow and it staggers.

The widgets disappear and reappear while it refreshes.

Even with all widgets visible I'm sometimes waiting five to ten seconds for any response.

If it opens to my second screen, it loads the wallpaper of my first screen until I go back then forward.

And a really odd thing happens after a few wallpaper changes ; a mysterious third screen appears in the homescreen menu, whether I delete it or leave it, when I save the new setup, the widgets are replaced by a google search bar on both screens.

Given the last issue I'm ruling out hardware.

I experienced slight delays on a previous theme - also modified - using the native widget creator, but not to this extent.

Does anyone know if this is related to zooper / themer / the theme itself?

-

Hi,

Have you tried uninstalling Themer - deleting the /sdcard/MyColorScreen folder (removing the Exported folder within it if you saved any themes) - then reinstalling Themer?
1st March 2014, 07:23 PM   |  #5  
Flag Rochdale
Thanks Meter: 209

531 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravikaleova

I think if themer has just added a ghost screen from a previous theme,reboot doesn't solve it,nor does a reinstall of themer,sorry I can't help with zooper but at least it rules out that as the problem.

thanks for intelligent input,but mostly quoting my post doesn't count !!!!
While it is probably true a full removal will solve the ghost issue,it really isn't a solution,this has happened on a couple of releases,and it is a pain in the ass if you have a few themes to keep moving,deleting and resetting up the program.
2nd March 2014, 02:49 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

343 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemerSupport

Hi,

Have you tried uninstalling Themer - deleting the /sdcard/MyColorScreen folder (removing the Exported folder within it if you saved any themes) - then reinstalling Themer?

I haven't no, you think it's a fix?

The ghost screen isn't from a previous theme. I only said that using my previous theme I experienced slight lag as well.

The third screen appears with the default wallpaper of the current theme. The only way to stop it replacing your screens with google search bars, is cancel the pending change. From that point on though you cannot change your wallpaper without Themer attempting to create the phantom screen.

-

2nd March 2014, 08:44 AM   |  #7  
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter: 453

993 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobzy

I haven't no, you think it's a fix?

Sometimes a bug might appear in the folder, and removing the folder and reinstalling Themer with a fresh one usually eliminates 90% of these problems. Just remember to remove the Exported folder within the Themer folder and place it back in afterwards (if you saved any themes).
2nd March 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne

343 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThemerSupport

Sometimes a bug might appear in the folder, and removing the folder and reinstalling Themer with a fresh one usually eliminates 90% of these problems. Just remember to remove the Exported folder within the Themer folder and place it back in afterwards (if you saved any themes).

I backed up exports.
Deleted Themer folder.
Uninstalled & reinstalled.

First run seemed much quicker.
But issues still persist upon exit app to home;
- widgets refresh multiple times disappearing and reappearing.
- if open to homescreen 2, initially displays wallpaper 1 until scroll.

Haven't tested the change wallpaper / phantom screen issue yet.

But overall it seems a little more responsive.

-

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread