Make Your Own Heat Sink for the LG Optimus 4X HD

Its not a rare occurrence that performing a resource heavy task on your Android device (e.g. … more

Learn How to Create an Old School Dialer

XDA is not only a great source for custom ROMs, kernels, and various modifications for numerous … more

USB Desktop Charger Roundup – XDA TV

Sometimes you learn one way to do something, and that’s the way you do it forever. You never … more

Samsung Galaxy Grand Duos Receives Early CM12 Port

Samsung Galaxy Grand is a dual-SIM phone with a 5 screen that was announced two years ago. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Incoming calls

OP Aegethir

2nd March 2014, 12:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

72 posts
Starting two days back, my Z1 receives incoming calls on external speakers instead of internal, so every incoming call starts that way. I need to manually put the call in internal speaker mode.

Unrooted, 4.3, the .290 build.

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk
2nd March 2014, 08:21 PM   |  #2  
Flag Latina
Thanks Meter: 99

1,488 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegethir

Starting two days back, my Z1 receives incoming calls on external speakers instead of internal, so every incoming call starts that way. I need to manually put the call in internal speaker mode.

Same here, seems the priblem is latest Sony Sociallife update.
Try the following: clear cache and data, uninstall updates, deactivate app, restart. Let me know.
The Following User Says Thank You to thegios For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd March 2014, 08:46 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

72 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thegios

Same here, seems the priblem is latest Sony Sociallife update.
Try the following: clear cache and data, uninstall updates, deactivate app, restart. Let me know.

Well, what I did was have someone call me, and call answering was sent to external speaker as usual. During the conversation, I plugged in the headphones and call went to headphones, and then, during the call, I removed them.

After that, I had another three incoming calls, and everything went back to normal, calls were directed to internal audio, not external.

I did that, because I remember that two days ago I was using Walkman app, headphones on, and phone rang. Answered the call from phone's dialler app, and all was fine. And since then, it all started with calls to external, like the phone did not "remember" that headphones were removed.

But that is just my guess, since it seems this plugging/unplugging headphones now fixed it. But you also might be right, since it's two days ago that I've updated Socialife app indeed.

I will keep monitoring incoming calls' behavior, and if it reverts back to external, I will unistall updates, and clear cache etc.

Oh, and before doing the headphones trick, just plain restarting the phone didn't work.

Let me know if you can pinpoint more exactly the cause of all this.

Last edited by Aegethir; 2nd March 2014 at 08:51 PM.
3rd March 2014, 08:28 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 114

456 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aegethir

u place your phone on a flat surface? if its so, than the phone is helping u to use external speaker since u r not not bringing up the phone to your ear.
3rd March 2014, 10:04 AM   |  #5  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 275

1,144 posts
More
This just started happening to me to, was going to post about it. Going to try some of your suggestions.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
3rd March 2014, 11:32 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

72 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunlianghere

u place your phone on a flat surface? if its so, than the phone is helping u to use external speaker since u r not not bringing up the phone to your ear.

No, phone is not on a flat surface, it is happening even when I put it to my ear, the call stays on external speaker, and I have to tap the on-screen button to direct it to internal speaker.

3rd March 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #7  
OP Member

72 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancerz

This just started happening to me to, was going to post about it. Going to try some of your suggestions.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

In my case it seems that the headphones trick did the job (so far), but if it will persist, I will take a closer look at the Socialife app as well.

4th March 2014, 01:59 AM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 27

308 posts
Happening here with me as well. Can anyone confirm if it's socialife?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
4th March 2014, 02:21 AM   |  #9  
Flag mullingar
Thanks Meter: 81

372 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avantiel

Happening here with me as well. Can anyone confirm if it's socialife?

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I can confirm is not haha....I have the app disabled since I got the phone never used it so don't think it's that

4th March 2014, 03:44 AM   |  #10  
Flag usa
Thanks Meter: 46

955 posts
More
I have that issue too
But not all the time

Sent from my C6903 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread