Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,344 Members 53,838 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Questions about Kit Kat update T-Mobile.

Tip us?

DurbanPoison24
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Questions about Kit Kat update T-Mobile.

What's going on world. I've recently found out that the T-Mobile G2 has kit kat ROM floating around and I was just wondering if anyone has flashed it and what their thoughts about it are? Also I've read that after flashing the ROM you lose custom recovery which in turn would leave one stuck with that particular ROM until one is created.. I guess I'm just asking if anyone believes a custom recovery would be up any time soon?

Sent from my LG-D801

Sfkn2
Old
Thanks Meter 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by DurbanPoison24 View Post
What's going on world. I've recently found out that the T-Mobile G2 has kit kat ROM floating around and I was just wondering if anyone has flashed it and what their thoughts about it are? Also I've read that after flashing the ROM you lose custom recovery which in turn would leave one stuck with that particular ROM until one is created.. I guess I'm just asking if anyone believes a custom recovery would be up any time soon?

Sent from my LG-D801
Read the general G2 section.. There is a long thread about this.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

missiveusa
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I just received my D801 back from LG repair after dead spots and phantom inputs on my device. LG replaced the touchscreen under warranty. Now the phone is smooth and very responsive, like it should be.
Since I had restored phone to the 10g firmware and unrooted before sending it in, I decided to flash the 20a KK update. Of course I lost root access and custom recovery, but I can live with that awhile I evaluate performance, which is, so far, better than 4.2 JB. T-Mo will eventually push the OTA update, which requires stock recovery. I figured I'd do it manually by flashing the .kdz file, which BTW does NOT wipe data. Despite large size (1.5 GB), file flashes quickly using LG Flash tool.
Maybe I'm just very happy to have my G2 back and working properly, but I like the KK update, although I hope a root exploit is found soon and we get a new custom recovery. That's why I donate to devs!
Don't know if that helps. Give KK a try, you'll like it!