5,605,904 Members 47,454 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Cast XBMC from Computer over Chromecast through Avia Player to TV

Tip us?

vibajajo64
Old
(Last edited by vibajajo64; 2nd February 2014 at 07:11 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Cast XBMC from Computer over Chromecast through Avia Player to TV

Hi,

I've found a way to stream XBMC from the computer through Chromecast using Avia Player to the TV. It seems a little complicated but it's really not. You can either use the Instructions below or watch the Tutorial Video from You Tube. http://youtu.be/NCgP0r5Dvp8

Step 1. Download and Install Blue Stacks at http://www.bluestacks.com/

Step 2. Download XMBC XAF version with External Player and Install it. It will not work without this special version.

XAF Link - http://www.xbmcandroid.com/2013/05/0...ndroid-is-out/

Download and Install◾XMBC XAF Custom Build for NON-NEON Touch Screen Devices

It downloads with an extension of .zip. It wouldn't install so I changed the extension from .zip to .apk and then it installed with no problems.

Important: Before continuing, you need to run xbmc once immediately after installing in order
to create the .xbmc folder preceding /userdata in the following path. Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

Step 3. Start Blue Stacks and download File Manager from the Playstore within Blue Stacks.

Step 4. Download playercorefactory.xml at http://www.mediafire.com/view/a3y3by...orefactory.xml

Save playercorefactory.xml to C:\ProgramData\BlueStacks\UserData\SharedFolder\

Open File Manager in Blue Stacks. Go to

Home/bstfolder/BstSharedFolder/Playercorefactory.xml

Click Multi, highlight the playercorefactory.xml and then hit Move

Paste playercorefactory.xml to

Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/userdata/

Step 5. Download Avia Player from the Google Playstore within BlueStacks for free. You will need to go into Settings of the Avia Player and unlock the Chromecast Add-on for $2.99.

Step 6. Start Chromecast

Start XBMC - Start your show- Click the Cast Button and it automatically finds Avia Player and casts from the computer to the Big Screen.
The Following User Says Thank You to vibajajo64 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

aamir123
Old
Thanks Meter 116
Are you able to add own repositories in this custom version?I don't see an option to add video add on from zip

Sent from my GT-I9505G using xda app-developers app

vibajajo64
Old
(Last edited by vibajajo64; 2nd February 2014 at 04:02 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Aamir, you can just change the skin to confluence in appearances. You should now be allowed to install from zip just like on the PC.

Dr. J
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Silly question, but for my macbook how do I get the .apk xbmc file to install?
I'm trying to upload it into bluestacks via dropbox, but that seems more complicated than necessary.

Thanks!

havi007
Old
Thanks Meter 11
I am confused with this. I been looking everywhere to get my answer. I already have xbmc installed on my PC. How do I get my XBMC thats installed on my C drive not bluestacks to cast to chromecast?

Asphyx
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by havi007 View Post
I am confused with this. I been looking everywhere to get my answer. I already have xbmc installed on my PC. How do I get my XBMC thats installed on my C drive not bluestacks to cast to chromecast?
Not possible yet and when I suggested this feature over at XBMC I got the lame answer
"We already support DLNA and UPnP why do we need to support yet another protocol...."

I do believe there are some XBMC apps that will let you send to DLNA targets so I suppose once someone creates an app that will make CCast into a DLNA target or Google adds a DLNA Renderer to the default screen you won't see this functionality from the XBMC crew.

Although Maybe Gotham release (whenever that happens) will change things.
The Following User Says Thank You to Asphyx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

havi007
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asphyx View Post
Not possible yet and when I suggested this feature over at XBMC I got the lame answer
"We already support DLNA and UPnP why do we need to support yet another protocol...."

I do believe there are some XBMC apps that will let you send to DLNA targets so I suppose once someone creates an app that will make CCast into a DLNA target or Google adds a DLNA Renderer to the default screen you won't see this functionality from the XBMC crew.

Although Maybe Gotham release (whenever that happens) will change things.
Gotcha. So if I install xbmc on blue stacks will it read my other hard drives on my PC for TV shows and movies

sent from my Droid Maxx on VZW

vincent1964
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Default Xbmc works with Windows

Hi,

It's easy to watch Xbmc Channels in your Chromecast Browser. You just need the Google Cast Extension and the correct playercorefactoryfile.xml. I made a video with detailed instructions and it's really simple. Type the following in either Youtube or Google and it will take you to the video. You can even watch live sports this way.

Cast XBMC from Chrome Browser - Free!!! Live Sports!!!

Asphyx
Old
Thanks Meter 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by havi007 View Post
Gotcha. So if I install xbmc on blue stacks will it read my other hard drives on my PC for TV shows and movies
I'm not entirely sure (I have Blue Stacks but not XBMC installed).

I'm uncertain how much of the PC file system is exposed to BStacks or XBMC because I was under the impression that BStacks was running more as a VM machine as opposed to a native program with direct access to the filesystem (That may be a technically inaccurate description on my part)

If it does see everything the PC can see then I suspect it would be seen from XBMC and not BStacks specifically because I don't see any way to map PC drives in BStacks other than the normal Apps you would use on Android for SMB Mapping.

TurboTronix
Old
Thanks Meter 3
I don't have an Android folder in BlueStacks...
Phone #1: LG Optimus G unlocked
Phone #2: Samsung Galaxy S4
Tablet: HP Touchpad 32GB CM9 ICS