Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,173 Members 40,886 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] VANIR & COMMOTIO bootloop

Tip us?

bokilenator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] VANIR & COMMOTIO bootloop

I've run into a problem flashing the VANIR & COMMOTIO rom for the e970. I was originally on slimkat beta 3.0, then I went to TWRP and wiped data, system, chache, and dalvik. Then I flashed B64-Commotio-geeb (the latest nightly) and finally I flashed standard Banks gapps 4.4.2. Now I rebooted, and my phone has been stuck on the bootup screen saying "COMMOTIO" for the last 2 hours.
I am pretty sure everything I did was right, but I'd appreciate it if someone pointed out a mistake or fix. I don't want to restore from nandroid if I don't have to.

Ace42
Old
Thanks Meter 1120
1. commotio has had issues since 20th nightly
2. Use up to 22nd for vanir
3. Try march 01 of vanir without the kernel b64. Then try the kernel afterwards

Sent from my LG-E970
Main: LG G2 D-800 {Tmobile)
LG Opt G (e970)
Hybrid radios for E970
Surface RT 32GB--Kindle Fire 1G_CM11--SGS Vibrant_CM11
Owned: G1(Backup)-> Mytouch3GS(Sold) -> SideKick4G(Traded) -> MyTouch4G(Sold) -> Sensation 4G(Sold) -> Galaxy Player 5"(Sold) ->Nexus 4(broken)->LG Opt G
The Following User Says Thank You to Ace42 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bokilenator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Talking Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokilenator View Post
I've run into a problem flashing the VANIR & COMMOTIO rom for the e970. I was originally on slimkat beta 3.0, then I went to TWRP and wiped data, system, chache, and dalvik. Then I flashed B64-Commotio-geeb (the latest nightly) and finally I flashed standard Banks gapps 4.4.2. Now I rebooted, and my phone has been stuck on the bootup screen saying "COMMOTIO" for the last 2 hours.
I am pretty sure everything I did was right, but I'd appreciate it if someone pointed out a mistake or fix. I don't want to restore from nandroid if I don't have to.
I ended up having to restore via Nandroid, then download an older nightly and flashing that. It worked, and now I can flash the new nightly with no problems. Weird that the newest nightly was unable to boot up alone.

CarvellW
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Off topic, how was ur experience with SlimKat?

bokilenator
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Wink awesome

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarvellW View Post
Off topic, how was ur experience with SlimKat?
Very good. Barely any bugs and the customization was awesome. However battery sometimes felt short, theres no theme support and no halo.