Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,344 Members 46,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] XT1030 Rooted, 4.4 update keeps rebooting

Tip us?

droidusr2014
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default Never take a ota update while rooted

Same thing happened to me but i learned the hard way that you should never take a OTA update while rooted because it screws things up and the phone is not stable enough to run Android OS without crashing and rebooting again. So what i did is i used RSD lite to reset to stock and after making sure root was gone i took the OTA update and now my DROID ultra is working fine . and FYI if you still want root when running KitKat use slapmymoto to keep root it requires you to have 4.2.2 already installed and then follow some steps so you can keep root in KitKat hope it helps!

mschwartz33
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default What version of RSD Lite for XT1030?

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidusr2014 View Post
Same thing happened to me but i learned the hard way that you should never take a OTA update while rooted because it screws things up and the phone is not stable enough to run Android OS without crashing and rebooting again. So what i did is i used RSD lite to reset to stock and after making sure root was gone i took the OTA update and now my DROID ultra is working fine . and FYI if you still want root when running KitKat use slapmymoto to keep root it requires you to have 4.2.2 already installed and then follow some steps so you can keep root in KitKat hope it helps!
What version of RSD Lite did you use? I've tried 5.6, 6.4, 6.5, with different USB cables including the one that comes with the phone but I cannot get RSD Lite to recognize my device. I tried fastboot as well but it keeps giving me an error about missing XML files when I try to flash.

zsebob
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Default MINI root

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatary View Post
I have a Droid Mini too and followed this guide. Now i have a rooted Droid Mini with Kitkat.
If he is already on Kitkat, then you are right of course!He forgot to disable write-protection (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551113) and flashing back to the camera update (12.5.5) and using SlapMyMoto (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2538896) before the Kitkat update.
Hi, I have MINI with factory 4.4
How can I root it and have custom recovery ( TWRP )

I cannot find guide for XT1030...

THANKS

BladeRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsebob View Post
Hi, I have MINI with factory 4.4
How can I root it and have custom recovery ( TWRP )

I cannot find guide for XT1030...

THANKS
you can't root 4.4. You are stuck until (hopefully) someone releases a root exploit for 4.4

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwartz33 View Post
What version of RSD Lite did you use? I've tried 5.6, 6.4, 6.5, with different USB cables including the one that comes with the phone but I cannot get RSD Lite to recognize my device. I tried fastboot as well but it keeps giving me an error about missing XML files when I try to flash.
can you post a screen shot/picture of the error you are getting and also the cmd window where you are entering the fastboot commands?

zsebob
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner View Post
you can't root 4.4. You are stuck until (hopefully) someone releases a root exploit for 4.4

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

can you post a screen shot/picture of the error you are getting and also the cmd window where you are entering the fastboot commands?
Thanks! The downgrade to JB and root and update to 4.4 not working on Mini?

BladeRunner
Old
Thanks Meter 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsebob View Post
Thanks! The downgrade to JB and root and update to 4.4 not working on Mini?
downgrading isn't possible
Tags
4.4 update, reboot, xt1030