LG G3 Receives Oversharpening Fix via Modified Kernel

Nothing is perfect, as they say. No matter how alluring or seemingly perfect, … more

APKTool Updated with Android Lollipop Support

One of the beauties of Android is the level of flexibility we have over our devices. Whether … more

Lollipop Leak for Sprint Galaxy S5, TWRP for Micromax Canvas Magnus – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been leaked for the Sprint … more

Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] XT1030 Rooted, 4.4 update keeps rebooting

OP Psychlone

21st January 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 4

35 posts
Never take a ota update while rooted
Same thing happened to me but i learned the hard way that you should never take a OTA update while rooted because it screws things up and the phone is not stable enough to run Android OS without crashing and rebooting again. So what i did is i used RSD lite to reset to stock and after making sure root was gone i took the OTA update and now my DROID ultra is working fine . and FYI if you still want root when running KitKat use slapmymoto to keep root it requires you to have 4.2.2 already installed and then follow some steps so you can keep root in KitKat hope it helps!
20th February 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
What version of RSD Lite for XT1030?
Quote:
Originally Posted by droidusr2014

Same thing happened to me but i learned the hard way that you should never take a OTA update while rooted because it screws things up and the phone is not stable enough to run Android OS without crashing and rebooting again. So what i did is i used RSD lite to reset to stock and after making sure root was gone i took the OTA update and now my DROID ultra is working fine . and FYI if you still want root when running KitKat use slapmymoto to keep root it requires you to have 4.2.2 already installed and then follow some steps so you can keep root in KitKat hope it helps!

What version of RSD Lite did you use? I've tried 5.6, 6.4, 6.5, with different USB cables including the one that comes with the phone but I cannot get RSD Lite to recognize my device. I tried fastboot as well but it keeps giving me an error about missing XML files when I try to flash.
2nd March 2014, 02:55 PM   |  #13  

69 posts
MINI root
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatary

I have a Droid Mini too and followed this guide. Now i have a rooted Droid Mini with Kitkat.
If he is already on Kitkat, then you are right of course!He forgot to disable write-protection (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2551113) and flashing back to the camera update (12.5.5) and using SlapMyMoto (http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2538896) before the Kitkat update.

Hi, I have MINI with factory 4.4
How can I root it and have custom recovery ( TWRP )

I cannot find guide for XT1030...

THANKS
2nd March 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 146

550 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsebob

Hi, I have MINI with factory 4.4
How can I root it and have custom recovery ( TWRP )

I cannot find guide for XT1030...

THANKS

you can't root 4.4. You are stuck until (hopefully) someone releases a root exploit for 4.4

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwartz33

What version of RSD Lite did you use? I've tried 5.6, 6.4, 6.5, with different USB cables including the one that comes with the phone but I cannot get RSD Lite to recognize my device. I tried fastboot as well but it keeps giving me an error about missing XML files when I try to flash.

can you post a screen shot/picture of the error you are getting and also the cmd window where you are entering the fastboot commands?
2nd March 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #15  

69 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeRunner

you can't root 4.4. You are stuck until (hopefully) someone releases a root exploit for 4.4

---------- Post added at 11:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:38 AM ----------

can you post a screen shot/picture of the error you are getting and also the cmd window where you are entering the fastboot commands?

Thanks! The downgrade to JB and root and update to 4.4 not working on Mini?
2nd March 2014, 05:49 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 146

550 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zsebob

Thanks! The downgrade to JB and root and update to 4.4 not working on Mini?

downgrading isn't possible
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
4.4 update, reboot, xt1030
Previous Thread Next Thread