Ask a question

No registration required

curious about a few things

OP poopet22

2nd March 2014, 04:29 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
So I'm kinda a newbie to flashing ROMs I just got a galaxy s4 back in November and the official kit kat update killed my expirence with the s4 so I got a refurbished s4 with mk2 baseband and from what I've read the bootloader was locked. I'm on sprint but I've been flashing away like no tomorrow and yes I've been making nandroid backups and everything incase something goes wrong. (I've soft bricked my phone 4 times) but I'm just curious on how to get back to my stock mk2 rom? I've tried restoring my backup from twrp and can't get it to boot it just get stuck in a bootloop. Any help would be really nice.
2nd March 2014, 05:17 PM   |  #2  
Somewhere in the dark and wet Northwest.
Thanks Meter: 1,252

2,291 posts
More
Quote:

how to get back to my stock mk2 rom?

Use the MK2 tar found in these forums.
2nd March 2014, 05:19 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leaderbuilder

Use the MK2 tar found in these forums.

Thing is I only have access to my phone. I don't have a PC I use my phone and my gfs phone to do stuff. Is there anyway to download a flashable zip and install through twrp
2nd March 2014, 06:22 PM   |  #4  
Somewhere in the dark and wet Northwest.
Thanks Meter: 1,252

2,291 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by poopet22

Thing is I only have access to my phone. I don't have a PC I use my phone and my gfs phone to do stuff. Is there anyway to download a flashable zip and install through twrp

If you REALLY want a complete wiped stock phone you'll need a PC (or Mac if you use Heimdall).
If you want to try something (with NO garuantees that'll work and not brick your phone!) you can try Mobile Odin Pro. It'll flash .tars BUT it will not flash the modem. And, like I said it may not work or worse.
So...
Find a PC, download PC Odin 3.07 (or 3.09), Downlaod the tar. Run Odin as administrator and then flash phone. DONE.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread