[UPDATED WITH NEW RECOVERY]Video Guide On Installing CWM Recovery For Galaxy Core

Search This thread

crazbot

Feb 4, 2014
problem

sir, my galaxy core in stuck in boot loop....even when installed the deodexed ROM by Singh hacker,it still have the same problem.....i wanted to try the method given on 1st page by u that said to installed the CWM_De_Loaper.zip file ...but the link is not working...please help.

can u give me your backup to restore it please sir.as my system is formatted by mistake...and also do tell me to how to end the boot loop in cwm recovery,

Last edited:

crazbot

Feb 4, 2014
reply please..

:crying:somebody please reply ......please..
sir..i am in a deep **** sir....i tried ur deoloper zip u posted in first page...now my cwm recovery in not opening.......i used the 3 button to open in download mode and neither my odin detects my phone...i think it is because usb debugging was not enabled....please sir i request u..please give me a way out.

Last edited:

sharathssc

Feb 24, 2014
first 2 methods not working on core gt_i8262..what am i doing wrong

i tried on my core gt_i8262 ..odin saying pass and command prompt also said done. seemed every thing gone accordingly..but yet when i pressed vol up+home+power i am going into stock recovery not cwm recovery...its not saying cwm recovery...what am i doing wrong...i tried with different recovery.tar files too which i have found on other sites still the same problem.. i mapped my vol up button to camera shutter could that be a problem?

Last edited:

tulsyanprateek

Jan 8, 2014
i tried on my core gt_i8262 ..odin saying pass and command prompt also said done. seemed every thing gone accordingly..but yet when i pressed vol up+home+power i am going into stock recovery not cwm recovery...its not saying cwm recovery...what am i doing wrong...i tried with different recovery.tar files too which i have found on other sites still the same problem.. i mapped my vol up button to camera shutter could that be a problem?

I am facing the same problem.. All the steps were successful. When i pressed vol up+power+home it takes me to default samsung recovery mode, instead of cwm :(:(

thecoreguy

I am facing the same problem.. All the steps were successful. When i pressed vol up+power+home it takes me to default samsung recovery mode, instead of cwm :(:(

I am going to update the posts tommorow with new cwm recoveries......

Just wait till tomorrow

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DrNet1983

Aug 22, 2012
Egypt
Waiting for the CWM as the old one stoppef the Recovery Mode completely

Sent from my GT-I8262 using Tapatalk

TheNathranielB

Mar 8, 2014
I followed the steps on method 1 but when i press volume up+ home button +power button, it will go to Samsung recovery mode, and not the cwm... am i doing something wrong??:confused: :confused:

sharathssc

Feb 24, 2014
the solution to stop booloader from re installing stock recovery after successfully i

to all core i8262 users good news...the solution to stop booloader from re installing stock recovery after successfully installing cwm recovery is in this link...cheers
Make sure your device is powered on and running normally,

Make sure you have rooted your device and that you have all of the necessary permissions in order to manipulate system files.

In the root file system go to \system\etc

Find the file named install-recovery.sh and either rename it or, as I did, delete it.

That’s all there is to it.

Reactions: thecoreguy

thecoreguy

to all core i8262 users good news...the solution to stop booloader from re installing stock recovery after successfully installing cwm recovery is in this link...cheers
Make sure your device is powered on and running normally,

Make sure you have rooted your device and that you have all of the necessary permissions in order to manipulate system files.

In the root file system go to \system\etc

Find the file named install-recovery.sh and either rename it or, as I did, delete it.

That’s all there is to it.

Thanks Dude

Jay jazz

Feb 18, 2014
Thanks Dude

thecoreguy
I think you know that the phone goes into samsung recovery mode not the CWM recovery mode in your video you have not shown that you have accessed the CWM recovery mode it was half video.
Bro please fix it used your first method

thecoreguy

thecoreguy
I think you know that the phone goes into samsung recovery mode not the CWM recovery mode in your video you have not shown that you have accessed the CWM recovery mode it was half video.
Bro please fix it used your first method

Dude... Use PhilZ CWM It's Fully Operational And Doesn't Have Any Bugs.... See My YouTube Channel Fir CWM Installation Video

Sent from my GT-I8262 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    :) VIDEO GUIDE FOR CWM RECOVERY FOR GALAXY CORE :)

After Installing CWM Recovery. Do Not Boot Into CWM Recovery Via Any App Like SUperUser Or RootManager It Will Cause A Recovery Loop.If You Have A Recovery Loop Follow The SECOND POST

Hey people in this thread i will show how you can install ClockworkMod Recoveryor popularly known as the CWM Recovery.Your GT-I8262 or Galaxy Core Duos Comes With Stock Recovery with Help of Which you can perform various functions like Wiping Your Device,Wiping/Clearing Cache but with help of CWM recovery you can install ROMs,Take A Nandroid Backup,Partition Your SD Card etc. So as you can see this recovery is of great use.

Things You Require
    1)CWM File
    LINK
    2)ODIN 3-1.87
    LINK
    3)Galaxy Core Drivers
    LINK

Attention Before Flashing
    1)Make Sure Battery Is ABOVE 30%
    2)DON'T UNPLUG the Cable During Flashing
    3)Follow Procedure Carefully Flashing Right Files
    4)No Nuclear War Is Going On :p
    5)Any Other Problem PM me :)

PROCEDURE

1. Install the Galaxy Core Drivers On Your Desktop

2. Extract ODIN.zip on your Desktop

3. Copy Recovery.tar File In ODIN Folder(its preferable to keep them in the same directory)

4. Now Go To Your Phone Settings

5. Click On Developer Options & Tick USB Debugging

6. Turn Off Your Phone

7. After Your Mobile Is Completely Turned Off Go Into Downloading Mode - Press & Hold Volume Down +Home Key +Power Key, Press Volume Up Again To Proceed

8. Connect Your Phone To Your PC via USB Cable

9. Now Open ODIN 3.07

10. Your Phone Should Be Detected In ODIN If You Have Installed The Drivers Correctly

11. Now Click On The PDA Button Then Select recovery.tar(CWM Recovery File)

12. Press The Start Button. Now The Installation Should Start.

13. When The Installation Is Completed It Should Display "PASS" Then Remove The USB Cable From Your Device

14. Now To Go Into CWM Recovery - Turn Off Your Phone Completely.

15. Press Power Button + Home Button + Volume Down Button.

16. Now You Have A CWM Recovery!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

VIDEO
    Hey i have just made a video and for people who have problem understanding the steps i have uploaded the video and it will help you clearly understand the steps.
    :cool: :cowboy: :fingers-crossed:

2nd METHOD

If the above Method didn't work for you because some people are experiencing problems with the above method for the latest firmware so you can try this method which shall work.

Things Required
    1)A Rooted Galaxy Core
    2)CWM.zip File(In Second Post)
    3)Uni-init APK(In Second Post)
    4)A Mind

Let's Begin

1) Download and install BusyBox.
    - Open and install BusyBox.
    - Done!
    2) Copy »Uni-init v1.0.apk« to internal memory and install Universal Init.d.
    - Please see HERE the entire instructions.
    3) Download and install Android Terminal Emulator.
    - Open Terminal and type following commands:
    PLEASE TYPE THE COMMANDS CAREFULLY OTHERWISE YOU CAN BRICK YOUR DEVICE
    Code:
    su
    cd /storage/sdcard0
    sh cwm.sh
    - Done!
    4) Switch off the Phone completely.
    5) Press and hold »Volume up« and »Home«, then press »Power« while "Volume up" and "Home" are held.
    - Use »Volume up« and »Volume down« to navigate items and »Power« to select.

3rd Method
    First Download Flash_zip from the second post and unzip it in the ADB Folder so the folder where adb files are present you have to unzip there. Now Also Download the recovery.img file from the second post and again place it where the adb files are there.So,The 'flash_image' is within the attached zip file! Use the file within the zip file, NOT the zip file itself.Put the recovery image and the flash_image on the root of your C drive.

Let's Begin
    (make sure you're in the command prompt and have changed directory to where the adb file is)

adb push c:\flash_image /sdcard/
    adb push c:\recovery.img /sdcard/
    adb shell
    su
    mount -o remount, rw /system
    cp /sdcard/flash_image /system/bin
    cd /system/bin
    chmod 777 flash_image
    dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p13

IF I HAVE HELPED A THANKS WOULD BE APPRECIATED

PHILZ RECOVERY
    PhilZ Recovery Has No Recovery Loop And There Is No Graphical Glitch Which Is Present. There Are Tons Of Features Which Are Present. Here Is The Video Guide

:victory:
    Download Links

Here Are The Download Links-
    FOR THE 3rd METHOD DOWNLOAD flash_image FILE AND Recovery.img FILE ONLY
    Stuck on recovery loop follow this

If You Boot Into ClockWorkMod Recovery via any app like SuperUser Or RoM MAnager or Flashify it will cause the recovery to loop. This Is The Way To Solve That Problem Follow This

1) Download And Put This Attached File In External SD

2) Install This Zip Using CWM Recovery..

3) Turn Off Your Mobile Through CWM Advanced Menu Or By Pulling Out Battery..

4) Now Enter Into Bootloader Mode Using (VOL. DOWN+MENU+POWER )

5) Reinstall CWM Recovery Using Odin..

6) Install New Roms

7)Flash Stock Firmware HERE

ALWAYS ENTER CWM THROUGH BUTTONS AND NOT THROUGH ANY APP
    please check your uploads once....

odin.zip is not present.
    check first two uploads:
    1. recovery.tar
    2. recovery.tar.md5

which is the file to be flashed with odin??
    Firmware Recover

Finally! CWM!

One question sir, what if I didn't succeed just in case how to recover my device? :p
    Thanks

If u didn't exceed then you will need to Recover Your Stock Firmware. The only problem is your all data and apps would be deleted so i advise you to take a backup of your all apps by either Titanium Backup Or Through Apps Backup And Restore So that if even any thing goes wrong you will have backup of all your apps. I will make a video guide on how to recover STock Firmware.

:laugh: HIT THANKS IF I HAVE HELPED :laugh: