Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,068 Members 49,063 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Any xposed modules for signal icons?

Tip us?

hawkjm73
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 29
Default [Q] Any xposed modules for signal icons?

I've been trying to find an xposed module to modify the new kitkat signal icons. I'd like to be able to have only the current connection shown. (I.E. don't show cell bars and 4g while on WiFi, or only 4g and not the bars when on cell.). Google has not gained me any good leads. I did find one that seems to do it, Nottach, but it's a big collection for galaxy phones, and I'm leery of trying a module ment for a very different device. Mine is a moto x, on its stock rom, so an ASOP type module ought to work.
Anyone aware of such a module?

PiggyFlooper
Old
Thanks Meter 25
You can browse modules inside of xposed installer app, check off downloads in settings, should be checked by default. I've tested many modules where there hasn't been compatibility info for platform, and no adverse side effects, module just won't work.

Sent From Above Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk

DMJoh
Old
Thanks Meter 444
As Piggy Flooper mentioned you can search the entire download section in Xposed, and as he mentioned, no adverse effect but take a bit care when you play with signal icons.. The xposed modules may affect the modem (rare chance). But take care.

Users tried to change the GPS icon in KK to Old JB icon through Xposed had experienced problem with GPS.. So Play Safe.
Preserve The Green
Use Less Apps. Save Power
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DMJoh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PiggyFlooper
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMJoh View Post

Users tried to change the GPS icon in KK to Old JB icon through Xposed had experienced problem with GPS.. So Play Safe.
Thanks for that, in ics 4.0.3 HTC Evo 3d theming GPS signal icon caused GPS radio not to start with WiFi radio- had to turn off WiFi for GPS to start in apps

Sent From Above Using Xparent Blue Tapatalk