5,605,120 Members 37,323 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Monster M7 Tablet, need a root method.

Tip us?

Anyelohd03
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Help me plis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by avidomaniac View Post
I too have the M7 tablet and my rear camera is only showing 3 megapixels. Also, I would love to have an extra gig for app storage and such. I contacted monster support 2 weeks ago, as was suggested in this forum, but have not received a reply. Could you please hook me up with the link to the update you're talking about and instructions on how to use it? Thanks in advance.
Hello, I'm from Dominican Republic and can not download the actualizaion monster because it says not available for my Paias, I need help. : (

Damsr08
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please help with m7 instructions to bump up memory

Hello: could you please send me the instructions to bump up the memory for monster m7 tablet? I truly appreciate your help. Thank you!

QUOTE=mcfroah;49067608]I am not able to post outside links, since I am a newbie. I sent you a message with the instructions. I am working on posting 10 comments so I can put the instructions here.
feel free to share the instructions, as I volunteered to test them for Monster and take no credit. Obviously I am not responsible for anything that happens to your tablet, nor is XDA. But this is a fairly safe update. I installed it on 4 tablets with no issue. I should be getting another update to test in a couple weeks from Monster and will share it when I get it.
Hopefully someone will be able to figure out how to root it, so we can remove the bloatware. [/QUOTE]

rogwenbak
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy root m7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mz876 View Post
Cheers! Congratulations! Very helpful info!
I know you can't post links, but could you email me the information to root an my m7 (16gb) monster tablet so I can be as excited as youfingers-crossed: rogwenbak@gmail.com

crazy5150760
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Stock Firmware

Well i just got this tablet yesterday and now im reading all the bad reviews so im trying to decide if i should keep this tablet and root it then expand the internal hard drive space to 8gb or so like a few others. But then again it has other problems to it as well. Any ways.. i was just about to root my tablet using vroot ( its all set up and showning m7 ready to root.) but if i want to expand my hard drive do i first root then find a firmware and then use the steps linked to to expand it. or do i expand it first? and where are you guys getting this stock firmware from? one more question , do we have a way to back this up just incase i still dont like something about it do we have a way to back stock to return it back to walmart?> thanks for any help .. and yes i did read EVERY post and even some of your post kaiserII101 in your [ROM] adoli v1

Prevailious
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Default hi

Hey guys! long time no see!

So I just came up on an update.img file which completely took off the nand flash partition, meaning the entire 16/32 storage is open for both apps & files =]
So it's almost as good as a Nexus 7.. except.. with poor engineering...
But I'll post links later.
You'll simply need to flash it using the RKBatch tool

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/40607285/update[dot]img

Note that it NEEDS to be flashed using RK Batchtool.
If you try to apply a normal update, it'll corrupt the system.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

& I'll need to take it out of my dropbox soon. Someone please grab the file and upload it onto a free server for everyone after i take it off. Thank you!

bigdissved
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Flashing

I have the flash file, and RK Batchtool. Running Win8. How do I get the tablet into flashing mode? I tried the power/vol up... windows just says its unrecognizable. and repeatably says that.... am I doing anything wrong? What version of RK Batchtools do I need?

Thanks,

Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prevailious View Post
Hey guys! long time no see!

So I just came up on an update.img file which completely took off the nand flash partition, meaning the entire 16/32 storage is open for both apps & files =]
So it's almost as good as a Nexus 7.. except.. with poor engineering...
But I'll post links later.
You'll simply need to flash it using the RKBatch tool[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 PM ----------

Note that it NEEDS to be flashed using RK Batchtool.
If you try to apply a normal update, it'll corrupt the system.

---------- Post added at 09:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:07 PM ----------

& I'll need to take it out of my dropbox soon. Someone please grab the file and upload it onto a free server for everyone after i take it off. Thank you!

norvell1984
Old
(Last edited by norvell1984; 24th March 2014 at 07:32 AM.) Reason: delete
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy delete

delete

norvell1984
Old
(Last edited by norvell1984; 28th March 2014 at 06:16 PM.) Reason: trying to delete post
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy How do you root?

Delete

partymonkey
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Just change partition sizes

Quote:
Originally Posted by sensboston View Post
Yesterday I've spent some time, and increased userdata (internal memory) up to 8GB. Here is parameters:
Code:
CMDLINE: console=ttyFIQ0 androidboot.console=ttyFIQ0 init=/init initrd=0x62000000,0x00800000 mtdparts=rk29xxnand:0x00002000@0x00002000(misc),0x00004000@0x00004000(kernel),0x00008000@0x00008000(boot),0x00008000@0x00010000(recovery),0x00020000@0x00018000(backup),0x00100000@0x00038000(cache),0x01000000@0x00138000(userdata),0x00002000@0x01138000(kpanic),0x00500000@0x0113A000(system),-@0x0163A000(user)
I'm curious: is it possible to completely get rid of "user" (aka "internal sdcard") partition? This "monster" works perfectly with 32GB microsd, so we don't need to waste important nand space...
If all I want to do is change the size of the userdata partition, is all I have to do is edit the parameter file appropriately, and the rebuild the update.img? (I have the RK firmware tools from Sergio Poverony), and the update.img stock v4 file.

Prevailious
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdissved View Post
I have the flash file, and RK Batchtool. Running Win8. How do I get the tablet into flashing mode? I tried the power/vol up... windows just says its unrecognizable. and repeatably says that.... am I doing anything wrong? What version of RK Batchtools do I need?

Thanks,

Dave

You'd simply need to have the tablet completely off & then hold down the volume down button and plug the USB in.

---------- Post added at 10:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by partymonkey View Post
If all I want to do is change the size of the userdata partition, is all I have to do is edit the parameter file appropriately, and the rebuild the update.img? (I have the RK firmware tools from Sergio Poverony), and the update.img stock v4 file.
Just flash the update I just posted and you wont have to worry about this stuff