5,606,409 Members 33,444 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[GUIDE] How to use XBMC as a game/emulation frontend.

Tip us?

Groty
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoMan View Post
Sounds like you didn't modify parts in launcher.py correctly... care to post up your launcher.py config?
Doh!

I'd re-installed RBC, so launcher.py was overwritten!

It's fixed now! Thank you!

One question. When I exit a game launched via RBC on the Ouya, it restarts SPMC. Is there a workaround for this? Is there a command to go back into the RCB screen when exiting an EMU game?

IncognitoMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Groty View Post
Doh!

I'd re-installed RBC, so launcher.py was overwritten!

It's fixed now! Thank you!

One question. When I exit a game launched via RBC on the Ouya, it restarts SPMC. Is there a workaround for this? Is there a command to go back into the RCB screen when exiting an EMU game?
Huh....for me it goes back to my last view ( in this case RCB menu ) but another person said they were having the same problem...

Honestly there's really no clean "way" to make it go back to last view in this case unless you untick the "Don't keep activities" option in the Developer option settings...

Anyway glad you got it working!

ggrammer
Old
(Last edited by ggrammer; 16th February 2014 at 12:16 AM.) Reason: Looks like it may be an issue with nesoid and snesoid as I launched them without xbmc and the same issue occured
Thanks Meter 6
So I have the emulators working great (Thanks incognitoman!) but my problem now is when I go into a rom (snesoid or nesoid) and want to exit I hit the U key on the remote and go to more and at this point it shows me the options but I can't access them with the remote or even the touchpad on the remote so I have to double tap U and click exit which takes me out of xbmc.
anybody else having this problem and find a way around it?

Keenana
Old
Thanks Meter 0
So I did a lot of messing around with the settings and the only way I was able to get either Advanced Launcher to work or RCB was to modify the program calls slightly to include "--user 0". I am not sure if this is related to my hardware or not as I am using a Minix Neo X7 which was rooted after the fact, but is running their non-root stock rom.

Anyways, for anyone who is having issues and wants to try this just add --user 0 to the commands as exampled below:

start -n com.explusalpha.Snes9xPlus/com.imagine.BaseActivity --user 0 -a android.intent.action.VIEW -eu Uri "file://%rom%"

Thanks for all the work on this one guys, this is awsome!

daeymon
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Has anyone had any luck with launching Mame4Droid, ScummVM, DosBox or AGS (Adventure Game Studio Runtime). I've contacted the various developers but no responses. Anyone else played around with them at all?

krazyflipj
Old
(Last edited by krazyflipj; 28th February 2014 at 08:04 AM.)
Thanks Meter 314
Noob to this and was wondering if anyone was able to get RCB to work on Gotham? Also I can't find applaunch.sh. Furthermore there isn't a scriptfiles directory. Trying to get this working on a ouya

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

AT&T HTC ONE

IncognitoMan
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by krazyflipj View Post
Noob to this and was wondering if anyone was able to get RCB to work on Gotham? Also I can't find applaunch.sh. Furthermore there isn't a scriptfiles directory. Trying to get this working on a ouya

Try here:

Code:
/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/scriptfiles/applaunch.sh
I forgot to add it to the guide so sorry about that.
The Following User Says Thank You to IncognitoMan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

krazyflipj
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by IncognitoMan View Post
Try here:

Code:
/sdcard/Android/data/org.xbmc.xbmc/files/.xbmc/addons/script.games.rom.collection.browser/resources/scriptfiles/applaunch.sh
I forgot to add it to the guide so sorry about that.
Not problems. Found it on a post you made on another forum. In any case I figured it out. I couldn't get supergnes to work but was able to use another snes emulator to get it working

AT&T HTC ONE

krazyflipj
Old
Thanks Meter 314
Ok so now I'm having issues setting up root argument for the n64 emulator that's found on the Ouya. After making changes it breaks the script. I'm able to run the unrooted version though. Any suggestions? Set file path /system/xbin/su and used the one click method to root

AT&T HTC ONE

Epicrean
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I am having some issues with this part:

3.) Create a "launcher"

Open the newly created category which should prompt you to create a new launcher. Select "Files Launcher" and go through the menus ( select the launcher application [ su or am... read 3rd post ], select files path [ where the games are stored ] and set file extensions [ look at the example it gives ] )

When I click "files laucher" I just get a blank screen, no meus to or anything. any one can help?