Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,438 Members 43,399 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] VZ HTC One stuck in Cyanogenmod boot loop

Tip us?

payrovi2
Old
(Last edited by payrovi2; 2nd March 2014 at 07:51 PM.) Reason: more info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] VZ HTC One stuck in Cyanogenmod boot loop

I was able to get my VS HTC One S-Off with Firewater, thankfully.

As I was trying to load Cyanogenmod, the Wipe Cache process seemed to take way too long >30minutes. I powered down and rebooted, and then loaded the cyanogenmod stable RC zip. The phone is now permanently stuck in the cyanogenmod boot loop, with the blue arrow going in a circle.

I can't even get it to power down successfully...but sometimes it will turn off and then go back into the same loop. I have gotten it to fastboot once, but I tried to wipe all the caches/partitions again, and reboot...and same loop.

Any help please?
=============
More info:
I was able to get into CWM v6.0.4.7 recovery. I'm was able to sideload the STABLE CM 10.2 for verizon htc one...and it seems to have installed. But I'm still going into a boot loop. The loop is different for the stable version than it was for the release candidate...just a different CM logo and circle. So that's how I know the CM 10.2 stable loaded effectively. It rebooted on it's own one time after 10 mintues of looping, but still stuck.

vpxf
Old
(Last edited by vpxf; 3rd March 2014 at 01:32 AM.)
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by payrovi2 View Post
I was able to get my VS HTC One S-Off with Firewater, thankfully.

As I was trying to load Cyanogenmod, the Wipe Cache process seemed to take way too long >30minutes. I powered down and rebooted, and then loaded the cyanogenmod stable RC zip. The phone is now permanently stuck in the cyanogenmod boot loop, with the blue arrow going in a circle.

I can't even get it to power down successfully...but sometimes it will turn off and then go back into the same loop. I have gotten it to fastboot once, but I tried to wipe all the caches/partitions again, and reboot...and same loop.

Any help please?
=============
More info:
I was able to get into CWM v6.0.4.7 recovery. I'm was able to sideload the STABLE CM 10.2 for verizon htc one...and it seems to have installed. But I'm still going into a boot loop. The loop is different for the stable version than it was for the release candidate...just a different CM logo and circle. So that's how I know the CM 10.2 stable loaded effectively. It rebooted on it's own one time after 10 mintues of looping, but still stuck.
It's the recovery, I'm 99% sure of it. I had the same issues that you described and resolved it by flashing CWM 6.0.4.4.
You should be able to find it somewhere on the forum but if not I have a copy on my FTP here: http://www.radracer.us/otp/droid/rec....4-m7vzw_2.zip

Once you flash the new recovery do a data/cache wipe as you usually would and then try loading CM once more. The data/cache wipe should be almost instant.(<60seconds)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vpxf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

payrovi2
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpxf View Post
It's the recovery, I'm 99% sure of it. I had the same issues that you described and resolved it by flashing CWM 6.0.4.4.
You should be able to find it somewhere on the forum but if not I have a copy on my FTP here: http://www.radracer.us/otp/droid/rec....4-m7vzw_2.zip

Once you flash the new recovery do a data/cache wipe as you usually would and then try loading CM once more. The data/cache wipe should be almost instant.(<60seconds)
After trying a few other roms unsuccessfully, I read somewhere about a CM11 Nightly that was very stable. I wiped everything 3 times, sideloaded it, and voila...it's working fine right now.

Thanks for all the help...I'm finally on Cyanogenmod...which has been evading my phone of choice for so many years!