Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,690 Members 47,418 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Accidental Wipe; no image to flash. Help please.

Tip us?
 
Yehudah
Old
#1  
Yehudah's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 180
Join Date: Oct 2012
Exclamation Accidental Wipe; no image to flash. Help please.

I'm stupid, I get it.

I just got an Asurion replacement DNA the other day and I wanted to S-Off, Root, Recovery Image, and new KitKat ROM.

So, I was able to use Rumrunner, and that worked out fine.

I rooted my DNA and then loaded TWRP 2.6.3, and that worked fine as well.

My intent was to load GPE and I d/l'd it to my phone (not knowing it was a corrupt download).

So I got into recovery, wiped, wiped, reset, and loaded the ROM - and it puked all over itself.

Now, I have a phone that is in recovery, has no image, and I can't figure out how to put one on it.

I'm running Mint Linux, but I have access to a W7 laptop if I need it.

It's my daily driver, I'm frustrated, upset, and stupid. And I could certainly use some help.

Thanks
VZW HTC ONE - ROM Flashing Addiction
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T - Pacman 4.4.4

There are guys on this site that always go the extra mile. Take a second to thank them, they do it because the want to, not because the have to.
 
Yehudah
Old
#2  
Yehudah's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 180
Join Date: Oct 2012
In a terminal window (thanks .torrent), I typed: adb devices (then sudo adb devices) and got nothing in return.

I've tried sideloading; the ROM loads according to the terminal window, but I don't see anything happening on the phone (no failures though).

I've tried pushing a ROM to the phone but the terminal window says that it doesn't see the device. That doesn't make sense because I can sideload (apparently).

ugh.
VZW HTC ONE - ROM Flashing Addiction
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T - Pacman 4.4.4

There are guys on this site that always go the extra mile. Take a second to thank them, they do it because the want to, not because the have to.
 
sdamark
Old
(Last edited by sdamark; 3rd March 2014 at 12:49 AM.)
#3  
sdamark's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 253
Posts: 374
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Fountain Hills, AZ.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yehudah View Post
In a terminal window (thanks .torrent), I typed: adb devices (then sudo adb devices) and got nothing in return.

I've tried sideloading; the ROM loads according to the terminal window, but I don't see anything happening on the phone (no failures though).

I've tried pushing a ROM to the phone but the terminal window says that it doesn't see the device. That doesn't make sense because I can sideload (apparently).

ugh.
This question has been answered at least a dozen times, "Help I wiped my internal storage", blah blah blah.

Download the rom you want on your computer. Put it in the same directory as your ADB stuff (mine is C:\android, I don't know what yours is).

Plug phone into computer, make sure you have ADB enabled on your phone, open a command prompt, verify you have ADB working by typing "adb devices"

You should see your device listed.

Boot phone into recovery >advanced >ADB sideload

Follow instructions at top of sideload screen to sideload rom from computer to phone.

In the future a little searching would get you to all this information, rather than starting a new thread...

Enjoy

P.S. ALWAYS verify your MD5 before flashing, and ALWAYS have a backup made to fall back on.

If you feel I've helped, hit Thanks.
 
Yehudah
Old
#4  
Yehudah's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 180
Join Date: Oct 2012
I know it's been done to death. I searched and read every thread that was like mine and did everything in each thread.

It was the last thing I did that worked. RUU from .torrents links. That worked. I'm still rooted, Next time I'll make sure I have I backup I can restore - won't make this mistake again.

Thanks for the low level chastising, I deserved it. And thanks for the info, ad nauseum.
VZW HTC ONE - ROM Flashing Addiction
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T - Pacman 4.4.4

There are guys on this site that always go the extra mile. Take a second to thank them, they do it because the want to, not because the have to.
The Following User Says Thank You to Yehudah For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Yehudah
Old
#5  
Yehudah's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 180
Join Date: Oct 2012
After a two day ordeal, I finally got my DNA back to where it was before I borked it up last week.

Because of what I did; I needed to use Rumrunner to unlock, RUU to get back to where the phone worked, ADB and Fastboot to get the recovery image set up and put a ROM on the phone.

When it was all said and done, .torrent walked me through getting the phone fixed. Without him, I'd still be banging my head against my desk.

Thanks to the developers who created Rumrunner, and who developed the Android tool kits that helped me overcome my stupidity. Because of their ability to create great applications, I've learned more about Linux and how my phone works than I ever did before....just wish it hadn't taken this to cause that.

Thanks to all, you guys ROCK!
VZW HTC ONE - ROM Flashing Addiction
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T - Pacman 4.4.4

There are guys on this site that always go the extra mile. Take a second to thank them, they do it because the want to, not because the have to.
 
thayl0
Old
#6  
thayl0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 767
Join Date: May 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yehudah View Post
After a two day ordeal, I finally got my DNA back to where it was before I borked it up last week.

Because of what I did; I needed to use Rumrunner to unlock, RUU to get back to where the phone worked, ADB and Fastboot to get the recovery image set up and put a ROM on the phone.

When it was all said and done, .torrent walked me through getting the phone fixed. Without him, I'd still be banging my head against my desk.

Thanks to the developers who created Rumrunner, and who developed the Android tool kits that helped me overcome my stupidity. Because of their ability to create great applications, I've learned more about Linux and how my phone works than I ever did before....just wish it hadn't taken this to cause that.

Thanks to all, you guys ROCK!
At least you learned from your mistakes.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Yehudah
Old
#7  
Yehudah's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Posts: 180
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by thayl0 View Post
At least you learned from your mistakes.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Are you using an HTC 6600 as your daily driver? LOL I had one of those, loved it.
VZW HTC ONE - ROM Flashing Addiction
Asus Transformer Infinity TF700T - Pacman 4.4.4

There are guys on this site that always go the extra mile. Take a second to thank them, they do it because the want to, not because the have to.
 
thayl0
Old
#8  
thayl0's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 767
Join Date: May 2013

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yehudah View Post
Are you using an HTC 6600 as your daily driver? LOL I had one of those, loved it.
I'm not use haven't looked I'm using whatever it installed. lol

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


XDA PORTAL POSTS

Make Your Own DIY Capacitive Stylus

The XDA Portal is a place where we like to talkabout things that are interesting, fun, and sometimes … more

Remove Unnecessary WhatsApp Elements with Xposed

In modern life, you can’t underestimate the power ofthe dark sidemessaging … more