Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Hide apps in drawer is removed after updating to 4.4.2 (KitKat)

OP kabalah89

3rd March 2014, 01:22 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Denmark, Århus
Thanks Meter: 56

261 posts
More
I really love the TouchWiz launcher. But i miss to hide my apps in drawer. Is there a way to get 4.3 launcher to 4.4.2, or a mod that can fix it for me?

I've tried the 4.3 launcher with 4.4.2 but it gives FC
3rd March 2014, 07:10 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 28

72 posts
More
yep. that was what I first noticed with the update. try putting them into folders.

cheers ~
16th August 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #3  
Flag Gold Coast
Thanks Meter: 464

948 posts
Donate to Me
More
This really isn't good enough! WTF is Samsung thinking? There should be no reason for removing this functionality? It seems to also be something built within the firmware; it is not launcher related in otherwords, I found this out because when I was running Android 4.3 I had flashed an update to run the S5 launcher and icons theme. When I did this I was still able to hit the menu button and select apps that I wanted to hide. Since upgrading to Kitkat I noticed as you did that I was no longer able to do this, that was ok I just thought to myself "No problem I will just flash the launcher upgrade and theme for S5 on my S3 as I did before and that should allow me to unlock this functionality" NOT CAN DO! Both the stock Kitkat launcher and the S5 theme upgrade do not unlock this functionality unfortunately Someone is going to have to find out where the issue lies and try to port it back? If I find the answer I will make sure I post back here with a fix.

Jarmez
16th August 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #4  
Flag Noida
Thanks Meter: 456

1,220 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kabalah89

I really love the TouchWiz launcher. But i miss to hide my apps in drawer. Is there a way to get 4.3 launcher to 4.4.2, or a mod that can fix it for me?

I've tried the 4.3 launcher with 4.4.2 but it gives FC

Download the s5 launcher from one of our threads. Flash it. And you have the hidr feature again.

Or just install a 3rd part touchwiz launcher themed app..you have that function

Mi launcher..nova..apex..go...any if these launchers do provide this function

Press Thanks if I helped
Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 via XDA app.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread