Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,957 Members 38,643 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

USB charging cable available on Amazon

Tip us?

Aaroneious
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Thumbs up USB charging cable available on Amazon

I typically check amazon a couple times a day to see if there are any new accessories available. Today I see there's a 36-pin usb data/charging cable available for $8.99 US. It's only 1 meter, so same size as the one that comes with the tablet, but at least there's finally something.

USB Charging Cable for TF701
The Following User Says Thank You to Aaroneious For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mikesull
Old
Thanks Meter 2
[QUOTE=Aaroneious;49941901]I typically check amazon a couple times a day to see if there are any new accessories available. Today I see there's a 36-pin us b data/charging cable available for $8.99 US. It's only 1 meter, so same size as the one that comes with the tablet, but at least there's finally something.

A thought: if I plug this into a usb3 hub I can use flash drives etc w/o the dock. The cable that comes with charger can probably do the same. Maybe this is already obvious to others.

wakkaday
Old
Thanks Meter 2
will this charge? via any plug? i.e. phone usb plug or the computer usb port

Ruud Westerhout
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesull View Post
A thought: if I plug this into a usb3 hub I can use flash drives etc w/o the dock. The cable that comes with charger can probably do the same. Maybe this is already obvious to others.
Which 3.0 Hub has a normal USB connection for input? Otherwise this won't work. Any links?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
In use:
HTC One
Asus TF700
On the shelf:
HTC Desire HD, HTC Touch Pro 2, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal
Rest in pieces:
HTC One X+

Aaroneious
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by wakkaday View Post
will this charge? via any plug? i.e. phone usb plug or the computer usb port
No, you still have to use the wall plug that came with the tablet since it uses a different voltage than normal microUSB chargers. You can use the wall plug that came with the tf700 however.

Sent from my K00C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Aaroneious
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 25

DONATE TO ME
[QUOTE=mikesull;49954631]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaroneious View Post
I typically check amazon a couple times a day to see if there are any new accessories available. Today I see there's a 36-pin us b data/charging cable available for $8.99 US. It's only 1 meter, so same size as the one that comes with the tablet, but at least there's finally something.

Unfortunately, no, usb hubs dont work that way - it's the wrong connection type. There is, however, an OTG connector available now (at least in the US) that will allow you to connect a hub.

Sent from my K00C using XDA Premium 4 mobile app