Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 50,915 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can I use sprint LG G2 on Verizon?

Tip us?

hddr3
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] Can I use sprint LG G2 on Verizon?

I want to buy a G2 but the Verizon G2 has a different design from all the G2s (different buttons on the back, different speaker grill layout, ugly verizon logo on the top of the screen), is it possible to use it on verizon's network? Not straight talk, just the regular verizon network. And I'm automatically assuming the GSM versions of the G2 do not work on verizon as well. Thanks for all answers

rastaguy
Old
Thanks Meter 0
In theory it should work if you get it you get it unlocked.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Esteway.619
Old
Thanks Meter 1327
No u can't. Verizon will never activate the phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

abhinav.tella
Old
(Last edited by abhinav.tella; 2nd March 2014 at 08:10 PM.)
Thanks Meter 87
US CDMA carriers only allow a white list of phones, meaning basically only imei's/ESNs sold specifically for them. If you are in another country like India, they (carriers) will generally allow you to use US phones on their CMDA network.

LG G2
LS980 (Sprint)
(Stock ZVC Rom)
Past Devices: HTC Butterfly, HTC One X - Tegra 3, LG Nitro HD, LG G2x, Samsung Vibrant, Samsung Galaxy 3, Nokia 5800, Motorola Razr Maxx, Palm Treo 650

GeneGozar
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by hddr3 View Post
I want to buy a G2 but the Verizon G2 has a different design from all the G2s (different buttons on the back, different speaker grill layout, ugly verizon logo on the top of the screen), is it possible to use it on verizon's network? Not straight talk, just the regular verizon network. And I'm automatically assuming the GSM versions of the G2 do not work on verizon as well. Thanks for all answers
As far as I know, as long as you have your phone unlocked, you can use it with other provider. Try to call your carrier and try to call Verizon too.