Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[Q] Pedometer widget?

OP hurdlejade

7th February 2014, 06:40 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 69

479 posts
Hi, is there any way to display current state of pedometer as a widget? Something like built in pedometer clock, but without the clock, and maybe with a personalized icon. Perhaps a Zooper widget?
7th February 2014, 06:47 PM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurdlejade

Hi, is there any way to display current state of pedometer as a widget? Something like built in pedometer clock, but without the clock, and maybe with a personalized icon. Perhaps a Zooper widget?

All data for the pedometer is placed in /data/data/com.sec.android.app.pedometer/databases/pedometer.db so making a simple widget thats updated when you turn the screen on would be a piece of cake...
7th February 2014, 06:51 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

479 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by st-tps

All data for the pedometer is placed in /data/data/com.sec.android.app.pedometer/databases/pedometer.db so making a simple widget thats updated when you turn the screen on would be a piece of cake...

Pretty please with a cherry on top ^^
Would it be possible to add start/pause button as well without entering the app itself?
7th February 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #4  
Quote:

Would it be possible to add start/pause button as well without entering the app itself?

To read the data from the db is a simple task, to alter the info of the application is a different thing.
Iīll have to take a look in the pedemometer.apk to see if I can find any intents that support external triggering.
9th February 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #5  
Quote:

Iīm planning to start the work of a test-version of a Pedometer widget today. Iīll post here when I got something worth testing.

Sadly I havenīt found anything usefull yet regarding the start and stopp. I concentrate to get the visual first and will digg deeper later on.
28th February 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

479 posts
Quote:

Iīm planning to start the work of a test-version of a Pedometer widget today. Iīll post here when I got something worth testing.

Sadly I havenīt found anything usefull yet regarding the start and stopp. I concentrate to get the visual first and will digg deeper later on.

Any progress st-tps?
28th February 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #7  
Quote:

Any progress st-tps?

I'we done some testing with different results. Seems like the pedometer gets disturbed sometimes and stops counting until I enters the pedometer app again. But have only tested a little inside, no long walks outside so it may just be a lag in the update.

I can release an alpha just for testing purposes. I'll try to get it out tonight.
28th February 2014, 09:57 PM   |  #8  
Quote:

Any progress st-tps?

Here is a first output as a test:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...dget_v0.1a.apk

Update of the count is done upon Screen on or tapping the widget.
The total is a addition of Run steps, Walk steps and something called Up & Down steps, doesnīt really know what the last is but itīs a counter anyways.

Try it and see how it behaves.
3rd March 2014, 04:38 AM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:

Here is a first output as a test:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...dget_v0.1a.apk

Update of the count is done upon Screen on or tapping the widget.
The total is a addition of Run steps, Walk steps and something called Up & Down steps, doesnīt really know what the last is but itīs a counter anyways.

Try it and see how it behaves.

That sounds pretty awesome and I'd like to thank you for working on this.

To me the pedometer app seems really limited. I can't see what I did the day before, or how well I'm doing over all on a weekly or monthly average since it doesn't seem to return any data beyond just one day. Is that kind of a thing something you'd be willing to address maybe as part of a non-widget screen in your widget? (like tap the widget to go in to see more verbose stats)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread