I hope this helps any of the frustrated Verizon users that just bought the note 3 with MJE pre-installed.
Sent from my SM-P600 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
OK guys, so I finally found a working root for my Verizon Note 3 that had MJE pre-installed. On top of that, it didn't trip Knox either! There's a Chinese rooting program called "VROOT" that you need which the most simple routing method I've seen even with a portion of the program in Chinese. Just install the program on a Windows computer, correct your device, wait for the root button to enable then click on"Root". There is an English version here: mgyun.com/en/getvroot*. The English version still has some Chinese though but I was able to navigate and successfully root the 1st try. One other caveat, the program installs a Chinese version of SuperSU so you'll need to manually download the English version from the play store and during the first boot of the English version of supersu it gives you the option to uninstall the Chinese version. Hit yes to uninstall the Chinese version then full reboot and the English version will run. I verified through rootchecker, titanium backup and obviously all the root restricted programs I've installed since. Also, make sure you have developer options turned on (enable it by tapping on the build number in Settings>About Phone 7 times) then USB debugging enabled, install from unknown sources enabled in Settings>Security and unchecked verify apps in the same directory. Vroot also installs a Chinese version of an app store...not sure if it's goo manager or some other app because it's in Chinese. I haven't uninstalled it yet as I'm not sure if I need it for the root.