Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,382 Members 46,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Seal Your Box! Make the S4A waterproof

Tip us?

koensmelt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Post Seal Your Box! Make the S4A waterproof

It's clear that the phone is waterresistant, not waterproof.

Still, I wanted to make photo's underwater. So i looked for waterproof cases, but only found several special cases for the normal s4.

But you can use the Krusell SEaLABox! De 3XL (XXXL) version fits perfectly! The inner dimentions are: 139 x 76 x 16 mm. The height of te S4A is a bit higher 142 mm and the S4A is mostly not mentioned in compatible devices, but it fits perfectly

I tested the seal a box already several times. It had the same IPX7 qualification, but i know for sure I can trust the Krusell!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20140228-WA0001.jpg
Views:	12925
Size:	67.2 KB
ID:	2605456  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to koensmelt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

tiskael
Old
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by koensmelt View Post
It's clear that the phone is waterresistant, not waterproof.

Still, I wanted to make photo's underwater. So i looked for waterproof cases, but only found several special cases for the normal s4.

But you can use the Krusell SEaLABox! De 3XL (XXXL) version fits perfectly! The inner dimentions are: 139 x 76 x 16 mm. The height of te S4A is a bit higher 142 mm and the S4A is mostly not mentioned in compatible devices, but it fits perfectly

I tested the seal a box already several times. It had the same IPX7 qualification, but i know for sure I can trust the Krusell!
It looks like there is space for it to move around - does it?

koensmelt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default RE

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiskael View Post
It looks like there is space for it to move around - does it?
No, it can't move. The transparant plastic is rubbery.

I'm sorry I both made a reply about sealabox in threat 'Is it really waterproof' and started a new one here. I wasn't intented to push the product. I am just glad I can make waterphoto's again.

I am nog going to make a testvideo. There are already plenty of sealabox-videos. For the iPhone the deal works just the same. The case is only smaller.
The Following User Says Thank You to koensmelt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]