[APP] FP-OS Improvement: Integrate "Your Apps" to the "EdgeSwipe Menu"

Search This thread

therob84

Jan 27, 2014
[APP] FP-OS Improvement: Integrate "Your Apps" to the "EdgeSwipe Menu"

Here comes an improvement suggestion for the Fairphone OS from my point of usage:

Integrate the "Your Apps" widget to the "EdgeSwipe Menu" of the Fairphone OS of KWAMEcorp

Details of my idea:

• I really like the "Your Apps" widget at one of the homescreens - but I don't use this at all
  • I really like and use the Fairphone OS "EdgeSwipe Menu" launcher
  • Plus: there is no necessity to acces the EdgeSwipe Menu from EVERY side (2x) and EVERY corner (4x) and always end up in the same launcher menu

Therefore my suggestions are:
--> If you integrate the "Your App" to the swipe menu, it would be really more usable:

1. only if you swipe-in from the MIDDLE of one side --> normal EdgeSwipe Menu launcher appears
  2. if you swipe-in from one of the LOWER CORNER of the screen, the "LAST Used"-App from the "Your Apps" widget will appears
  3. if you swipe-in from one of the UPPER CORNER of the screen, the "MOST Used"-App from the "Your Apps" widget will appears

I hope this give you an idea, how it would be possible to have a real additional benefit of both apps from KWAMEcorp, with a very fast access to both functions without the need to swipe away the whole homescreen...

Can only KWAMEcorp / FP can implement this, or could also someone of XDA make this, because both programm are open source, right?

I would like to here some feedback to this idea!

Cheers,
Robert

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
Here comes an improvement suggestion for the Fairphone OS from my point of usage:

Integrate the "Your Apps" widget to the "EdgeSwipe Menu" of the Fairphone OS of KWAMEcorp

Details of my idea:

• I really like the "Your Apps" widget at one of the homescreens - but I don't use this at all
  • I really like and use the Fairphone OS "EdgeSwipe Menu" launcher
  • Plus: there is no necessity to acces the EdgeSwipe Menu from EVERY side (2x) and EVERY corner (4x) and always end up in the same launcher menu

Therefore my suggestions are:
--> If you integrate the "Your App" to the swipe menu, it would be really more usable:

1. only if you swipe-in from the MIDDLE of one side --> normal EdgeSwipe Menu launcher appears
  2. if you swipe-in from one of the LOWER CORNER of the screen, the "LAST Used"-App from the "Your Apps" widget will appears
  3. if you swipe-in from one of the UPPER CORNER of the screen, the "MOST Used"-App from the "Your Apps" widget will appears

I hope this give you an idea, how it would be possible to have a real additional benefit of both apps from KWAMEcorp, with a very fast access to both functions without the need to swipe away the whole homescreen...

Can only KWAMEcorp / FP can implement this, or could also someone of XDA make this, because both programm are open source, right?

I would like to here some feedback to this idea!

Cheers,
Robert
This is not an app, this is a feature request, so no [APP], better would be a [Q] and we have a separate forum for questions. Can you please change this by closing this thread as well as reposting it in the questions forum?
To get more attention you can also notify other Fairphone users in the (at least I call it) main discussion thread: Fairphone - Technical details, links and Q&A interaction with Fairphone. If this cannot be cleared let me know in this forum and I will add a request to the Requests to Fairphone. These requests go directly to Joe Mier, Community Manager from Fairphone and his team.

benkxda

Jan 28, 2012
Thanks @benkxda, indeed I was uncertain where to post it.
I reposted my feature request here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=50775837
You can now close this thread, I did not find any options by myself.

Cheers, Robert

You're welcome. :)
I cannot close your thread. Do you see a "MODERATOR" on the upper right of your first post? Option is "Close Thread" and "PERFORM ACTION" to finish this procedure. If this it not available for you (maybe limited to Members or Senior Members), you can mention laufersteppenwolf (using an @ right before the name of course). He can close your thread.