Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,576 Members 38,235 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung KNOX voids warranty?

Tip us?

likhin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Samsung KNOX voids warranty?

I've tried to install Samsung KNOX in my Note 3. It prompts me a message "Your device is not authorized to enter KNOX mode" and i'm advised to contact samsung customer service center. They checked my device and replied me that as I've installed KNOX, it tripped the KNOX fuse and warranty is void. All I need is to get the mother board replaced paying extra money.

Is there any thing that Samsung has introduced as a simple application in the Home screen that voids the warranty and make the customer trapped? Please let me know if anybody has same experience?

exprxp
Old
Thanks Meter 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by likhin View Post
I've tried to install Samsung KNOX in my Note 3. It prompts me a message "Your device is not authorized to enter KNOX mode" and i'm advised to contact samsung customer service center. They checked my device and replied me that as I've installed KNOX, it tripped the KNOX fuse and warranty is void. All I need is to get the mother board replaced paying extra money.

Is there any thing that Samsung has introduced as a simple application in the Home screen that voids the warranty and make the customer trapped? Please let me know if anybody has same experience?
Your phone was rooted BEFORE installation of KNOX SOFTWARE.

Or, your KNOX was 0x1.

In this case u cant use Samsung KNOX Center