Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,645 Members 38,546 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Accidently formatted Internal Storage - No OS installed!

Tip us?

zackspeed
Old
Thanks Meter 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1469 View Post
The problem i am facing when i am trying to install ftf file using flashmode is, my phone only stays in flashmode for few second and jumps out of it and shows opensemc logo and all process finished. And same thing with sony pc companion, phone shows up in it for few seconds and then it disconnect automatically.
I just had to deal with this myself. You should plug the device into the computer with the device off. Turn it on and let it try to boot and Windows should try loading the driver for it. Hold power and volume up just long enough for the screen to go off and unplug it.

If your drivers are loaded you should be able to go into recovery, mounts and storage, and mount the sd card with it plugged into the computer. It should mount and you can put a rom on the sd and flash.

If it will not mount then your drivers are still not installed. If ftf is the way you want to go then load flash tool and plug in the device while off holding volume down. It should recognize the device. It will not stay in flash mode long. Best way is set up your flash and once ready plug the device in. Hope you get it going again as I am sure you will. Just be patient

osamaanjum
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Storage Hopefully this will help

First of all use Windows 7 32-bit

Most probably it is a driver related issue.

Download latest flashtool and install all the drivers.
Also check weather you have automatic updates of Windows are ON.
Check in the device manager if all the devices connected are recognized.
When you connect the phone to PC does it show any message or feedback sound.

While using the flashtool use flash mode, also when asked to reboot in flashmode carryout the following steps
  1. Unplug the phone.
  2. Switch it off/ If already switched off make sure it is completely off no icon nothing.
  3. then connect the phone and switch on by holding both Vol Up and power button, you will see green LED glow.