Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Accidently formatted Internal Storage - No OS installed!

OP Ryan1469

3rd March 2014, 06:10 AM   |  #11  
Flag Asheville, NC
Thanks Meter: 104

591 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1469

The problem i am facing when i am trying to install ftf file using flashmode is, my phone only stays in flashmode for few second and jumps out of it and shows opensemc logo and all process finished. And same thing with sony pc companion, phone shows up in it for few seconds and then it disconnect automatically.

I just had to deal with this myself. You should plug the device into the computer with the device off. Turn it on and let it try to boot and Windows should try loading the driver for it. Hold power and volume up just long enough for the screen to go off and unplug it.

If your drivers are loaded you should be able to go into recovery, mounts and storage, and mount the sd card with it plugged into the computer. It should mount and you can put a rom on the sd and flash.

If it will not mount then your drivers are still not installed. If ftf is the way you want to go then load flash tool and plug in the device while off holding volume down. It should recognize the device. It will not stay in flash mode long. Best way is set up your flash and once ready plug the device in. Hope you get it going again as I am sure you will. Just be patient
3rd March 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #12  
Flag Hyderabad
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
More
Storage Hopefully this will help
First of all use Windows 7 32-bit

Most probably it is a driver related issue.

Download latest flashtool and install all the drivers.
Also check weather you have automatic updates of Windows are ON.
Check in the device manager if all the devices connected are recognized.
When you connect the phone to PC does it show any message or feedback sound.

While using the flashtool use flash mode, also when asked to reboot in flashmode carryout the following steps
  1. Unplug the phone.
  2. Switch it off/ If already switched off make sure it is completely off no icon nothing.
  3. then connect the phone and switch on by holding both Vol Up and power button, you will see green LED glow.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread