FORUMS

T-Mobile Galaxy S6 Battery Woes

I’ve been using a T-Mobile Galaxy S6 since the device launched with T-mobile’s … more

Earthquake Early Warning in Your Pocket

Probably all of us reading this have a smartphone in our pocket. For many of us, the … more

Sony: The OEM You Want To Save

In our recent Discuss article, we asked you readers on which OEM you would like to help. While the … more

How to Lock and Protect Your Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

The smartphone revolution has passed. Everybody has mobile apps. Some of … more

Xperia SP camera (Lens cover) issues

63 posts
Thanks Meter: 3
 
By Karumbaiah, Member on 3rd March 2014, 11:55 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

I have observed that the pictures taken in my SP are too hazy and kind of bleached. I used to get great pictured before. But from past couple of months this the kind of pictures I am getting. I dont know what exactly is causing this problem.

I see few scratches on the lens cover for sure. May be it is because of that?

Please help
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0002.jpg
Views:	773
Size:	247.8 KB
ID:	2610779  
 
 
3rd March 2014, 04:04 PM |#2  
antkalaitzakis96's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Heraklion
Thanks Meter: 301
 
More
I think it's because of scratches..you can use a toothpaste, a glass cleaning liquid and a cleaning cloth for rubbing it.
First clean the lens with the glass cleaning liquid and then without wiping it apply a really small amount of toothpaste and rub it for about 15-20 minutes..If it dry repeat the process and keep rubbing it..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to antkalaitzakis96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2014, 02:04 AM |#3  
no_username_available's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 42
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by antkalaitzakis96

I think it's because of scratches..you can use a toothpaste, a glass cleaning liquid and a cleaning cloth for rubbing it.
First clean the lens with the glass cleaning liquid and then without wiping it apply a really small amount of toothpaste and rub it for about 15-20 minutes..If it dry repeat the process and keep rubbing it..

toothpaste works i can confirm that (put a small amount on the lens and gently rub it around and use a wet cloth to remove it) you can also try cd cleaners because those remove scratches too
The Following User Says Thank You to no_username_available For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2014, 07:21 PM |#4  
dipesh1502's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag MUMbai
Thanks Meter: 3,803
 
Donate to Me
More
I have got the same scratched lens problem
Tried toothpaste didnt
Work for me
There are tooo many scratches
I think i will have to take it to the service centre
5th March 2014, 03:56 AM |#5  
Rasik199's Avatar
Member
Flag goa
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
So it doesn't work?? even I'm having the same problem sp..... A lot of Very fine scratches...... Any one confirmed?

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Service center... I took it too...... They're replacing the whole module...... Al tho in the parts list the lens window is listed......

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th March 2014, 04:22 AM |#6  
dipesh1502's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag MUMbai
Thanks Meter: 3,803
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasik199

So it doesn't work?? even I'm having the same problem sp..... A lot of Very fine scratches...... Any one confirmed?

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 AM ----------

Service center... I took it too...... They're replacing the whole module...... Al tho in the parts list the lens window is listed......

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I have got lot of them so maybe it doesnt work
How much did the service centre ask?:-o
5th March 2014, 05:07 AM |#7  
Rasik199's Avatar
Member
Flag goa
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Dint quote anything yet I'm in Goa the service is bad...... U guys sure it's not coz of the update?

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th March 2014, 05:27 AM |#8  
dipesh1502's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag MUMbai
Thanks Meter: 3,803
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasik199

Dint quote anything yet I'm in Goa the service is bad...... U guys sure it's not coz of the update?

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Yep i am sure
Its because of the scratches
5th March 2014, 06:22 AM |#9  
Rasik199's Avatar
Member
Flag goa
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dipesh1502

Yep i am sure
Its because of the scratches

Did u try cd lens cleaning solution?

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
5th March 2014, 06:48 AM |#10  
dipesh1502's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag MUMbai
Thanks Meter: 3,803
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasik199

Did u try cd lens cleaning solution?

Sent from my C5302 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

No
I dont think it will help
Too many scratches
If possible i will send a pic of the lens
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes