Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,899 Members 49,365 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Stuck in fast boot.

Tip us?

Cap'n Jazz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Stuck in fast boot.

Hello. I'm having trouble with my HTC Rezound. I had CWM and Clean Rom was running fine but I tried to switch to Venasaur so I could use it on Straight Talk. I had an unlocked boot loader and everything worked before I tried flashing the new rom. Now, My phone won't even turn off unless it's dead.The bootloader says relocked, and it just keeps putting itself in fast boot whether I power it on or not.It says security warning under tampered and relocked. Can anybody please help me out? It would be much appreciated!

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 417

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cap'n Jazz View Post
Hello. I'm having trouble with my HTC Rezound. I had CWM and Clean Rom was running fine but I tried to switch to Venasaur so I could use it on Straight Talk. I had an unlocked boot loader and everything worked before I tried flashing the new rom. Now, My phone won't even turn off unless it's dead.The bootloader says relocked, and it just keeps putting itself in fast boot whether I power it on or not.It says security warning under tampered and relocked. Can anybody please help me out? It would be much appreciated!
Did you try to unlock again and fastboot flash the proper boot.img?
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Current Work Phone: LG G2 VS980 on VZW (Official Beanstalk)
Current Tablet: iPad 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2
Other phones "in the family": HTC DNA, HTC One (M7), Motorola Moto G GPE
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
The Following User Says Thank You to acejavelin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cap'n Jazz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by acejavelin View Post
Did you try to unlock again and fastboot flash the proper boot.img?
No matter how many times I go through the bootloader unlock screen it still says RELOCKED in fastboot.

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 417

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No matter how many times I go through the bootloader unlock screen it still says RELOCKED in fastboot.
Wait... so you get (or have) the unlock token, and push it to the phone via fastboot and it won't unlock? Not to question your abilities, but are you sure your doing it right?

Your using "fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" and then accepting the terms on the screen of the phone, and it is not unlocking?
Current Personal Phone: Google Nexus 4 on Cricket/Aio (Beanstalk 4.4.4 with hells-Core Kernel)
Previous/Retired Android Devices: HTC Aria, HTC Incredible 2, HTC Rezound, Samsung Stratosphere, Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nextbook 8P
The Following User Says Thank You to acejavelin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cap'n Jazz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Wait... so you get (or have) the unlock token, and push it to the phone via fastboot and it won't unlock? Not to question your abilities, but are you sure your doing it right?

Your using "fastboot flash unlocktoken Unlock_code.bin" and then accepting the terms on the screen of the phone, and it is not unlocking?
No offense taken! I'm here for help after all, haha. But yes, I have the unlock code.bin, type that into a CMD run from he sdk folder, get the accept screen on the phone, accept and it still says relocked. I dunno what I'm doing wrong, or if the phone is just screwed..

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 417

DONATE TO ME
Hmmm... weird, so it must be accepting the token if it is prompting you on the phone to accept the terms on the phones. Guess I have never been in this position where it wouldn't unlock. Did you try going through the entire process on the HTCdev.com again from start to finish? Other than that, I would have to differ this to someone with a little more "hacking" knowledge on the Rezound, like @REV3NT3CH

I hate to say it, but if it won't unlock again, that is bad... really bad, like might be bricked and require a JTAG bad.

REV3NT3CH
Old
(Last edited by REV3NT3CH; 3rd March 2014 at 09:07 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1372

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
No offense taken! I'm here for help after all, haha. But yes, I have the unlock code.bin, type that into a CMD run from he sdk folder, get the accept screen on the phone, accept and it still says relocked. I dunno what I'm doing wrong, or if the phone is just screwed..
yes try getting a new unlock.bin...each unlock.bin differs from phone to phone also...for example say you had 2 rezounds...one unlock.bin from one rezound will not work on another
☢ Samsung Galaxy SIII ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: Deathly 1.6 Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ Samsung Relay 4g ☢
Rom: [4.4.3] [Official] LiquidSmooth v3.1 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery:TWRP 2.7.0.0
☢ HTC REZOUND ☢
HBOOT: 2.28, Unlocked, S-Off, 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r radios Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0 (Masque Of The Red Death)

Donations are never expected but are greatly appreciated
The Following User Says Thank You to REV3NT3CH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Cap'n Jazz
Old
(Last edited by Cap'n Jazz; 6th March 2014 at 04:20 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH View Post
yes try getting a new unlock.bin...each unlock.bin differs from phone to phone also...for example say you had 2 rezounds...one unlock.bin from one rezound will not work on another
Well I guess I have a paperweight now.. I got a new unlock.bin and it still says relocked :/. Thanks for the help, guys.

[EDIT] It unlocked! I'm not sure why it finally worked! So what do I do from here? I just need to flash the boot.img?

acejavelin
Old
Thanks Meter 417

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Well I guess I have a paperweight now.. I got a new unlock.bin and it still says relocked :/. Thanks for the help, guys.

[EDIT] It unlocked! I'm not sure why it finally worked! So what do I do from here? I just need to flash the boot.img?
Download ROM and TWRP 2.6.3.0

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot boot recovery.img

flash rom in TWRP

S-OFF with rumrunner (just to be safe for the future)

Cap'n Jazz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
Download ROM and TWRP 2.6.3.0

fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

fastboot boot recovery.img

flash rom in TWRP

S-OFF with rumrunner (just to be safe for the future)
I don't see the rezound in the list of supported devices on the TWRP website?