Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 47,484 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Weirdness flashing kernels.

Tip us?

rastaguy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Weirdness flashing kernels.

Thus far I have used stock rooted and Pro Bam with my N7. The ROMS all work fine with their included kernels. However, whenever I try to use another kernel like glitch of Elemental X I get weird colors while the ROM is booting (Kind of like static). Then the colors are all tweaked when it finishes booting. I have tried overclocking, underclocking, and stock settings. But the issue persists until I reflash the original kernel that came with the ROM.
I am fairly baffled by this one. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Shillopellos9
Old
Thanks Meter 66
Quote:
Originally Posted by rastaguy View Post
Thus far I have used stock rooted and Pro Bam with my N7. The ROMS all work fine with their included kernels. However, whenever I try to use another kernel like glitch of Elemental X I get weird colors while the ROM is booting (Kind of like static). Then the colors are all tweaked when it finishes booting. I have tried overclocking, underclocking, and stock settings. But the issue persists until I reflash the original kernel that came with the ROM.
I am fairly baffled by this one. Any ideas?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
i dont know if Pro Bam is stock based but check if kernel is CAF or non-CAF if you are on stock install non caf kernel like aosp based in glitch
If i helped please click Thanks at the bottom of the post. It only takes a second

Phones: Galaxy Ace (Retired from my use)
Galaxy S2
Tablets: Google Nexus 7 2013