Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,680 Members 45,324 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooting Help (firewater, adb, and Rum runner)

Tip us?

nty123
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by payrovi2 View Post
I can boot into recovery, but can't boot the phone up.
ok, what i would try is backup to the rom you have before you tried installing CM( only if you made a backup). if you didn't then i would try clearing all data and that rom and try installing a different one, maybe the one you have has a bug and is not working properly.
DROID X----HTC REZOUND----DROID RAZR----HTC ONE

HTC ONE: UNLOCKED-S-OFF
HBOOT-1.56.0000(UNLOCKED)
RECOVERY:TWRP 2.7.0.1
ROM:tiKtaK GPE 4.4.2
KERNEL:Elite Lunar Kernel

payrovi2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nty123 View Post
ok, what i would try is backup to the rom you have before you tried installing CM( only if you made a backup). if you didn't then i would try clearing all data and that rom and try installing a different one, maybe the one you have has a bug and is not working properly.
It kept getting stuck at "installing update" no matter whether it was a previous rom or the Cyanogenmod rom. I tried it numerous times...and then finally once it said "...update complete"

I'm rebooting and loading cyanogenmod now...hope that it moves past this CM boot screen.

payrovi2
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
It kept getting stuck at "installing update" no matter whether it was a previous rom or the Cyanogenmod rom. I tried it numerous times...and then finally once it said "...update complete"

I'm rebooting and loading cyanogenmod now...hope that it moves past this CM boot screen.
Nope. still stuck at this boot loop.

Any ideas?

nty123
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:

Any ideas?
try restoring from you backup again but this time wipe all your data and factory reset before yo restore
DROID X----HTC REZOUND----DROID RAZR----HTC ONE

HTC ONE: UNLOCKED-S-OFF
HBOOT-1.56.0000(UNLOCKED)
RECOVERY:TWRP 2.7.0.1
ROM:tiKtaK GPE 4.4.2
KERNEL:Elite Lunar Kernel

aer0zer0
Old
Thanks Meter 49
Quote:

Any ideas?
I would do a decrypted RUU at this point, it will at least get you back on a sense rom (as long as you download the decrypted one, it wont break your SOFF and bootloader unlock). then from there i would reinstall PHILZ or TWRP, then make sure the MD5 is right on the rom you want to install
Dear lord... please allow this dangerous combination of hair spary, bat slobber, and D.O.T. four automatic transmission fluid to excite my mind, occupy my spirits, and enrage my body, provoking me to kick any man or woman in the back of the head regardless of what he or she has or has not done unto me.