Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,098 Members 46,026 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] What is Best Kernel/Rom For HTC Droid incredible 4G Lte.

Tip us?

TeChNoC4AzY
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] What is Best Kernel/Rom For HTC Droid incredible 4G Lte.

Hello I recently got this phone and got help with s-off and unlocking. Now I am trying to figure out the best rom/kernel configuration to get the best performance possible. If you know of any just put links here. I got the most performance out of the sense 5 mod rom, with a 7300 quadrant score! There was a kernel I saw that the CPU could go to 2.0ghz and the gpu was overlooked 500mhz 3d and idk what the 2d was, I think it was called [sense] infernal kernel but I am not clear on what roms I can use it on, I tried flashing it on the sense 5 mod rom and it didn't boot. Anyway thanks for any help.

Sent from my Incredible 4G LTE using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

kimba99
Old
Thanks Meter 92

DONATE TO ME
well, the "infernal kernel" (latest rev. is 1.42) by jose ... at best maybe the 1.8GHz-version, as above could be instable on most phones, is definately THE choice to go for for all stock-based roms = thereby ONLY for any custom-rom BASED on the _stock-htc ICS4.0.4 rom-image with Sense4.1_, since his modded kernel is based on those kernel-sources. the probably very BEST ICS4.0.4 rom is ViperLTE2.2.0, but unfortunately development has ceased and thereby no newer improvements will come and the rom is abandoned, still most ppl (that like/love Sense) here still this one as their main rom.

the neat Infernal4+ rom (also by jose and others) is JB4.1 and also has an infernal-kernel (but a JB-infernal and is thereby different than the main branch) ... problem is, that camera and bt do NOT work!

if you want newer stuff ... go grab yourself the latest official CM10.2.1_stable (or the mdmower version, which uses the CM10.2.1_stable branch as a base).

i myself tested pacman-rom (CM+AOKP+PA is an all-in-one rom) ... latest is pac_fireball-nightly-20140128.zip and thereby near identical to the CM10.2.1 (just 4 days older), but with addons from AOKP and PA. their KK-roms aren't yet out. also Avatar-Rom (used to be JB4.3, now also KK4.4) was also pretty prominent ...

those are the most common roms i'd say, but grab yourself your own favorite rom ... i myself would go for either ViperLTE2.2.0 (still ICS, but stock-based) ... or take the last JB4.3 PacMan-Rom for all its features
HTC Dinc4G LTE 1 (S-OFF) ... @ ChaOri-K99 4.00 w/ Fireball3410-K99 kernel JB43/Sense5.5 !! & JTAG'ed
HTC Dinc4G LTE 2 (S-OFF'ed _after_ the 2014-OTA!!!) ... @ Viper w/ InfernalK99-147u12 TWRP2.6.3.0n & PSM ...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kimba99 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

j13smiley
Old
Thanks Meter 29
exactly what kimba posted

tj13
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by j13smiley View Post
exactly what kimba posted
The CM 10.2.1 version is what I put on my wife's phone.