[Discussion] Your favorite GS5 features?

Search This thread

JoeFCaputo113

Feb 2, 2013
New York
Fingerprint Scanner- Use it for Paypal, unlock device (plus enter privacy mode), and use it to unlock device plus open an app with certain fingerprints that you designate.
Toolbox- Samsung's take on Paranoid Android's "Halo" feature.
Camera- TONS of stuff, new/cleaner layout of all the modes, plus new modes seem really cool. Plus 16 MP is awesome.
Micro SD/Removable Battery- One of the VERY FEW phones that still has both of these, always a plus!
Menu Button- The removal of the menu button and putting the recent app switcher is so much better.
Water Resistant- IP67, and notice how I didn't say WATERPROOF, BECAUSE IT'S NOT!! :)
Download Booster- WiFi + 4G LTE= DAMN :eek:
Better Battery Life- Bigger battery, plus the ultra power saving mode! Already average 25hrs with 3hrs of on screen time with my S4 (stock battery), so I can't wait to see what the S5 can do!

What's your favorite features of the S5?

hella356

Jun 20, 2009
Micro SD/Removable Battery without question, for me; this combination is why I can't really consider any other manufacturer, although there may be some others with these features that I'm unaware of. USB3 is a nice upgrade over the S4, as is the upgraded CPU. Waterproofing is also pretty sweet, although I've never had any water issues with any phone, and I never use a case because I can't stand the extra bulk. The extra height, width, thickness, weight, and fatter bezels for only a tenth of an inch larger screen, not so much...won't be upgrading to the S5 from my S4, although the S5 is probably overall the better device. Perhaps if there is a "Prime" version yet to come, I'll be waiting for the Note 4.

UNIFIE

Jun 6, 2013
Anyang, Gyeonggi Province
I liked the better battery life, water resistant(IP67) and the download booster.

For the fingerprint scanner, I think it does not fit for Android, especially for secure payments. Android simply cannot keep fingerprint data secure...

frankgreimes

May 26, 2013
Only brand, which still supports removable battry + sd card slot

other than that:
1. Ultra Power Saving mode I really think this could come in handy a lot of times but I think the S4 will get a feature like this too
2. faster auto focus on the camera

I really don't care about the finger print, heart rate that just seems gimmicky and less useful than say air gestures or smart pause. The download boaster is a double edged sword while it's nice to have more speed it will also eat up your monthly limit like nothing so I'd rather download at a lower rate but more.

system.img

Feb 14, 2012
Chennai
Samsung Galaxy S22 Plus
Surely the best feature for me is the super fast Auto Focus. Damn, it's really fast!
I also like the fact that the display can go down to 2 Cd/m^2. Ultra Power saving mode seems useful too.

Other than that is the Exynos 5422 in the non-LTE model seems pretty cool with HMP possibly out of the box. Looking forward to checking out its performance.

Also, the new Touchwiz looks pretty neat.

Last edited:

Vlade12

Nov 8, 2011
Likes: Waterproof, SD card, camera and removable battery which is a must!
Dislikes: Fingerprint sensor, dont need it and hated the iphones for having that, i consider it a privacy issue here, your fingerprints should not be taken via your phone, it would be awesome if Samsung would make it optional for this "feature"

karmuh

Jan 15, 2014
Orange County, NY
Likes: Waterproof, SD card, camera and removable battery which is a must!
Dislikes: Fingerprint sensor, dont need it and hated the iphones for having that, i consider it a privacy issue here, your fingerprints should not be taken via your phone, it would be awesome if Samsung would make it optional for this "feature"

It is optional. Like with the iPhone, no one is forcing you to input your fingerprint and use the feature. If you don't want to use it, simply don't use it. It's not required by any means. :)

slyjai

May 18, 2009
Los Angeles
Download Booster, Camera, Toolbox, Water Resistant, Fingerprint Scanner.. I like em' all. Folks complain about it not meeting their expectations cause they wanted it to fly to the moon. Wifi + LTE?! Wtf! Every device will copy that for sure!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

msavic6

Jun 28, 2010
Vancouver
Download Booster, Camera, Toolbox, Water Resistant, Fingerprint Scanner.. I like em' all. Folks complain about it not meeting their expectations cause they wanted it to fly to the moon. Wifi + LTE?! Wtf! Every device will copy that for sure!

People just like to complain, but I am actually excited for all the above features and the other ones that haven't been advertised that will be found by consumers.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Reactions: ewa12321

xeizo

Nov 3, 2013
Stockholm
www.xeizo.com
i like how it has no bezel

wait..

I like how those bezel-less phones arriving will all be put in bumpers with a laaarge bezel since they will be very fragile ... good thinking there :good:

According to the presentation in Barcelona the S5 is marketed as an "active" smartphone for "people on the go", not a "unboxing on youtube and put on a pedestal" type of phone :p

Last edited:

autophone

Oct 27, 2010
I like how those bezel-less phones arriving will all be put in bumpers with a laaarge bezel since they will be very fragile ... good thinking there :good:

According to the presentation in Barcelona the S5 is marketed as an "active" smartphone for "people on the go", not a "unboxing on youtube and put on a pedestal" type of phone :p

and people will put another thick bezel case over the GS5

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Fingerprint Scanner- Use it for Paypal, unlock device (plus enter privacy mode), and use it to unlock device plus open an app with certain fingerprints that you designate.
    Toolbox- Samsung's take on Paranoid Android's "Halo" feature.
    Camera- TONS of stuff, new/cleaner layout of all the modes, plus new modes seem really cool. Plus 16 MP is awesome.
    Micro SD/Removable Battery- One of the VERY FEW phones that still has both of these, always a plus!
    Menu Button- The removal of the menu button and putting the recent app switcher is so much better.
    Water Resistant- IP67, and notice how I didn't say WATERPROOF, BECAUSE IT'S NOT!! :)
    Download Booster- WiFi + 4G LTE= DAMN :eek:
    Better Battery Life- Bigger battery, plus the ultra power saving mode! Already average 25hrs with 3hrs of on screen time with my S4 (stock battery), so I can't wait to see what the S5 can do!

What's your favorite features of the S5?
    ISOCELL camera
    This: http://www.sammobile.com/2014/02/28...-techniques-that-increase-battery-life-by-25/
    Not exactly a feature, but the blue version looks great!
    IP67
    Pretty much everything lol. :D
    1. Still Can make calls.
    2. Still support SMS.

...the tiny italic text...

People just like to complain, but I am actually excited for all the above features and the other ones that haven't been advertised that will be found by consumers.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk