Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,780,486 Members 44,370 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Nexus 7 HardBricked

Tip us?

mehras1991
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by GedBlake View Post
Hi, mehras1991...

Here is my 'blob.bin' (and other associated files) that I generated some months ago, using the flatline procedure.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...9/blob_bin.zip

The files in this .zip archive were generated from a WiFi only Nexus 7 2012 model.

Hope this helps... but to be honest, I'll be very surprised if it does... as bootloaders are crypto-signed to a specific Nexus 7.

Rgrds,
Ged.
thanks, probably after maybe a day or whenever I get result I will post a reply, let's hope the trick I have in mind works, cause I'm gonna modify the blob.bin
Mehras.I

tzarp990
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by mehras1991 View Post
thanks, probably after maybe a day or whenever I get result I will post a reply, let's hope the trick I have in mind works, cause I'm gonna modify the blob.bin
good luck, gonna have my fingers crossed so tight they gonna break.

mehras1991
Old
(Last edited by mehras1991; 24th January 2014 at 03:52 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzarp990 View Post
good luck, gonna have my fingers crossed so tight they gonna break.
I'm so angry that my friend was traveling I check with warranty so I sent it with him for repair.

I'm so angry that I found a blob.bin extractor tool, and I found a way to replace my device's encryption on the other blob.bin file. but unfortunately I don't have my nexus 7 with me anymore...

on the plus side I'm pretty sure they're gonna give me a new nexus 7
Mehras.I

tzarp990
Old
Thanks Meter 23
Well that sucks. Can you give me references so I can have a go?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

mehras1991
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by tzarp990 View Post
Well that sucks. Can you give me references so I can have a go?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk
this is where I got creative about doing it to play with the blob.bin

https://github.com/AndroidRoot/BlobTools

and I had no idea this thing exist
Mehras.I

mzanette
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
I'm so angry that my friend was traveling I check with warranty so I sent it with him for repair.

I'm so angry that I found a blob.bin extractor tool, and I found a way to replace my device's encryption on the other blob.bin file. but unfortunately I don't have my nexus 7 with me anymore...

on the plus side I'm pretty sure they're gonna give me a new nexus 7

I have my friends Nexus 7 in a currently corrupted boot loader state so it shows up with APX on windows. I downloaded the blob.bin from this thread but to be honest I have no idea how to modify it using this nexus 7 UID. Any chance you can help me try this? Device is already bricked so I have no worries about doing further damage to it..if I can get it alive again it'll be worth the shot.
A proud retired Nexus 4 Limbo Level 2 member. Never again.

mehras1991
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
I have my friends Nexus 7 in a currently corrupted boot loader state so it shows up with APX on windows. I downloaded the blob.bin from this thread but to be honest I have no idea how to modify it using this nexus 7 UID. Any chance you can help me try this? Device is already bricked so I have no worries about doing further damage to it..if I can get it alive again it'll be worth the shot.
I drooped my last researches on how to use someone else's blob.bin with my old laptop and alot of other real life projects, if you have another nexus 7 blob.bin I suggest you give it to repair or find something else to play with. if you have your own device's blob.bin, you can find here how to do it
https://www.androidroot.mobi/pages/g...ash-jellybean/
Mehras.I

mzanette
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
I drooped my last researches on how to use someone else's blob.bin with my old laptop and alot of other real life projects, if you have another nexus 7 blob.bin I suggest you give it to repair or find something else to play with. if you have your own device's blob.bin, you can find here how to do it
https://www.androidroot.mobi/pages/g...ash-jellybean/
Yeah, I was able to backup my own blob.bin using the instructions. Still doesn't help me with the bricked Nexus 7 though. Why do they need to make it so difficult? There should be a generic blob that would let u recover a device, or at least a utility to generate a valid blob file knowing only the devices's UID.

mehras1991
Old
(Last edited by mehras1991; 2nd March 2014 at 06:41 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzanette View Post
Yeah, I was able to backup my own blob.bin using the instructions. Still doesn't help me with the bricked Nexus 7 though. Why do they need to make it so difficult? There should be a generic blob that would let u recover a device, or at least a utility to generate a valid blob file knowing only the devices's UID.
so if you have your own blob.bin what's the problem, you can easily recover it with nvflash, just incase your computer doesn't recognize the dead device, don't plug it to a USB 3, it just makes it harder for you to resolve it. when you plug the tablet doesn't turn on, but your computer see the usb port open. and don't leave the tablet pluged to laptop alot, since the tablet can't be charged at this stage, if it runs out of battery then you also have to replace a new battery to boot it up the first time.
Mehras.I

mzanette
Old
Thanks Meter 30
Quote:
so if you have your own blob.bin what's the problem, you can easily recover it with nvflash, just incase your computer doesn't recognize the dead device, don't plug it to a USB 3, it just makes it harder for you to resolve it. when you plug the tablet doesn't turn on, but your computer see the usb port open. and don't leave the tablet pluged to laptop alot, since the tablet can't be charged at this stage, if it runs out of battery then you also have to replace a new battery to boot it up the first time.
Yeah maybe I wasn't clear. I have two Nexus 7s...my own which is fine and backed up bin files, and my friend's dead Nexus 7 which is a different tablet and I DON'T have the blob.bin for that one.

Tags
boootloader, brick, corrupt, nexus 7