Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bricked Xperia S?

OP XPSprobs

3rd March 2014, 07:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
So my Xperia S was slow as all hell with CM9 (android 4.0.1 if I'm not mistaken).
I decided to install CM11 (android 4.4) Beta, as it comes with project butter, thus I hoped there would be some performance increase.
All went fine and dandy, but I needed CWM 6.0.4.3 or higher to install kitkat ROMs. I searched on the internet, downloaded a CWM 6.0.4.3 zip and installed that. An LG one.
So, now my Xperia S doesn't do anything. Anything at all. It doesn't show any sign of booting when I press the power button, doesn't go into CWM when I press volume + connect it to the PC, it's just generally dead.
Now my question is, how can I either get this to work again, or flash another CWM/rom on it without using the phone. I already tried using PDAnet, which was the solution for someone else on the web, but it doesn't see my phone connected and thus doesn't really install anything.
Helps please?
3rd March 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

23 posts
More
Bricked
Quote:
Originally Posted by XPSprobs

So my Xperia S was slow as all hell with CM9 (android 4.0.1 if I'm not mistaken).
I decided to install CM11 (android 4.4) Beta, as it comes with project butter, thus I hoped there would be some performance increase.
All went fine and dandy, but I needed CWM 6.0.4.3 or higher to install kitkat ROMs. I searched on the internet, downloaded a CWM 6.0.4.3 zip and installed that. An LG one.
So, now my Xperia S doesn't do anything. Anything at all. It doesn't show any sign of booting when I press the power button, doesn't go into CWM when I press volume + connect it to the PC, it's just generally dead.
Now my question is, how can I either get this to work again, or flash another CWM/rom on it without using the phone. I already tried using PDAnet, which was the solution for someone else on the web, but it doesn't see my phone connected and thus doesn't really install anything.
Helps please?

Hi,
Try these steps.

Put the phone on wall charger for an hour.
Remove it, then press the power button and volume up button continuously.
Wait for 3 vibration. Then plug it again on charger.
Check again after 2 hours if the battery logo comes up.
3rd March 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by smahio

Hi,
Try these steps.

Put the phone on wall charger for an hour.
Remove it, then press the power button and volume up button continuously.
Wait for 3 vibration. Then plug it again on charger.
Check again after 2 hours if the battery logo comes up.

Thanks, but it didn't work.
Nothing happened, so I guess it's just dead.
Anyone else?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread