Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,209 Members 48,553 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

ROOT Lost after ATT update (FIXED)

Tip us?

kfrierson3
Old
(Last edited by kfrierson3; 3rd March 2014 at 08:44 PM.) Reason: Someone already posted info...
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up ROOT Lost after ATT update (FIXED)

Recently (3-1-14) I notice some of my apps crashing and that I could not get into Safestrap...then I notice I had a OTA update from ATT that unrooted my Phone...So I began to look for help and found that if you tried to use Kingo (latest version) to re-root your phone it did not work..You have to find an earlier version. For me (1.1.5) worked. Then after you get you root access back just re- install that programs that you may have trouble with and you should be back to normal...

I hope this helps...

TechGoon954
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfrierson3 View Post
Recently (3-1-14) I notice some of my apps crashing and that I could not get into Safestrap...then I notice I had a OTA update from ATT that unrooted my Phone...So I began to look for help and found that if you tried to use Kingo (latest version) to re-root your phone it did not work..You have to find an earlier version. For me (1.1.5) worked. Then after you get you root access back just re- install that programs that you may have trouble with and you should be back to normal...

I hope this helps...
There is already a thread with the answer to this......http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...o#post50734552
TechGn954