5,597,354 Members 32,774 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Long press anywhere menu triggers way too easily. Possible to disable?

Tip us?

beelbeel
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default [Q] Long press anywhere menu triggers way too easily. Possible to disable?

I enjoy that it is easy to access the themer menu easily, but it triggers very frequently when I am using the dialer widget. Is there any way to disable the menu?

alldroid
Old
Thanks Meter 193
Have had same issue as have others m8,the developers are looking into it
support Prostate cancer visit www.prostatecanceruk.org/menunited and sign up NOW

So long and thanks for all the fish

Noyamori
Old
Thanks Meter 2

DONATE TO ME
For the moment, you can uncheck "Lock homescreen Widgets" in Advanced Settings > Desktop, I think that's a little bit more slowly to appear.

P.S. : Sorry for my bad english level

2wtraveler
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noyamori View Post
For the moment, you can uncheck "Lock homescreen Widgets" in Advanced Settings > Desktop, I think that's a little bit more slowly to appear.

P.S. : Sorry for my bad english level
The problem is that Themer has "double tap" for Themer Menu in the Gestures. When using the Dialer widget you type the first 2 numbers and it thinks you double tapped. Wish I could disable this gesture.

ThemerSupport
Old
Official Themer Rep
Thanks Meter 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wtraveler View Post
The problem is that Themer has "double tap" for Themer Menu in the Gestures. When using the Dialer widget you type the first 2 numbers and it thinks you double tapped. Wish I could disable this gesture.
Hi,

Hold down on the homescreen - Themer Settings - Gestures - Double Tap - select the "X" at the top of the screen. Done
Apply beautiful themes to your phone in one click with Themer by MyColorScreen.

Learn more at ThemerApp.com.

saber9397
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by beelbeel View Post
I enjoy that it is easy to access the themer menu easily, but it triggers very frequently when I am using the dialer widget. Is there any way to disable the menu?
Well I find that it triggers much too easy as only a long press menu as well. In your case, just disable the double tap gesture in the settings.

But yea, that menu is popping up all the time for me when I don't want it to. Would like more settings for this. I have it set to pop up with long press on the home button. That is good enough for me. No need for it on the screen. An option to disable would be great.

Also would like an option to get rid of the red X on long presses when widgets are unlocked.