Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,562 Members 38,100 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Roms for Ascend P6-u06

Tip us?
 
Thot95
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2014
Phone [Q] Roms for Ascend P6-u06

Hi! i would like to know if there's any safe way to know which rom and process fits my Ascend P6-u06 without broken it, block local bands or end up with everything in Chinese? i'm from Costa Rica and i bought the phone here. I'll appreciate any help!!!! pls!!!!
Also what are the best roms for this smartphone....


Android Version
4.2.2

baseband version
IMC1202_201305151204_PENTA

Kernel Version
3.0.8-00741.gb849637

Build
P6-U06V100R001C00B103

CUSTOM VERSION
CUSTC527D103
 
warea
Old
#2  
warea's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 470
Posts: 1,200
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thot95 View Post
Hi! i would like to know if there's any safe way to know which rom and process fits my Ascend P6-u06 without broken it, block local bands or end up with everything in Chinese? i'm from Costa Rica and i bought the phone here. I'll appreciate any help!!!! pls!!!!
Also what are the best roms for this smartphone....


Android Version
4.2.2

baseband version
IMC1202_201305151204_PENTA

Kernel Version
3.0.8-00741.gb849637

Build
P6-U06V100R001C00B103

CUSTOM VERSION
CUSTC527D103
Chinese firmwares B116 to B120, have a bricking problems. International versions work fine.

Dont know if your B103 rom is region modified. But latest international firmware and best stable one is B125. You can get download link from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2566453

There are custom roms and beta KK. But better to first get a hang of B125.

Huawei Ascend P6-U06 (EMUI2.3+KitKat)
The Following User Says Thank You to warea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
Thot95
Old
(Last edited by Thot95; 1st March 2014 at 07:33 AM.)
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Posts: 5
Join Date: Mar 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by warea View Post
Dont know if your B103 rom is region modified. But latest international firmware and best stable one is B125. You can get download link from here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2566453

There are custom roms and beta KK. But better to first get a hang of B125.
No, since it doesn't have any band block. My fear is to install (for example) B125 and end up with my phone bricked or in chinese. I saw they have available the firmeware in their website, so if something goes wrong i can roll it back to factory software? or there's any possibility of end up with a bricked phone?

i'm thinking on upgrade it to B125 and after that, install HYD52ROM V7


PS: my knowledge about this is not to good yet, that's why I'm so insecure about it

By the way the common bands used by the phones and modems here are HSPA/UMTS 850/2100Mhz Edge/GPRS/GSM 850/900/1800/1900Mhz
 
warea
Old
#4  
warea's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 470
Posts: 1,200
Join Date: Dec 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thot95 View Post
No, since it doesn't have any band block. My fear is to install (for example) B125 and end up with my phone bricked or in chinese. I saw they have available the firmeware in their website, so if something goes wrong i can roll it back to factory software? or there's any possibility of end up with a bricked phone?

i'm thinking on upgrade it to B125 and after that, install HYD52ROM V7


PS: my knowledge about this is not to good yet, that's why I'm so insecure about it

By the way the common bands used by the phones and modems here are HSPA/UMTS 850/2100Mhz Edge/GPRS/GSM 850/900/1800/1900Mhz
International firmware versions are safe. No worries.

To install custom roms you would have to read up on installing custom recoveries and so on.

But anyway go for B125 for now. Its easy and safe We might see an official Kitkat update soon.

Huawei Ascend P6-U06 (EMUI2.3+KitKat)
The Following User Says Thank You to warea For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
masckkara
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default CN118 to start with....

Got this amazing phone from Claro CR, so far I have installed CN118 Chinese version and TWRP recovery.
I had flash LightningKat and HYD52ROM for testing, both real nice and stable, currently running LightningKat KK version and waiting for stable version of CM11 to try on.

This is an amazing piece of device, in order to avoid bricks, just read read and read before try.
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes