Google Invites Selected Devs to Buy Project Tango Development Kit

Just about a month ago, the curious Project Tango development kit was … more

Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Does custom kernel/rom improves your battery?

OP m111920

25th February 2014, 11:59 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bjelovar
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
I have ST15i with stock kernel on .587 based custom rom, battery could be better, should I change to custom kernel?
Post your opinions
27th February 2014, 12:07 PM   |  #2  
SnakeEyesNinja's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag In U r Brain
Thanks Meter: 6
 
127 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Some kernel does , some kernel Drain your battery , depends upon kernel read the info section of the kernel you wish to download
27th February 2014, 01:46 PM   |  #3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by m111920

I have ST15i with stock kernel on .587 based custom rom, battery could be better, should I change to custom kernel?
Post your opinions

Hmmm...technically yes it does improve battery consuming but it's all depend on how many apps/games you install on your devices...remember, majority of apps need to runs in the background so the more apps running in the background, the more battery it consume...

if you want to use custom kernel then make sure you devices bootloader can be unlock first...
27th February 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bjelovar
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPusak Gaoq™

Hmmm...technically yes it does improve battery consuming but it's all depend on how many apps/games you install on your devices...remember, majority of apps need to runs in the background so the more apps running in the background, the more battery it consume...

if you want to use custom kernel then make sure you devices bootloader can be unlock first...

I know that, lol,
I have bootloader key from sony..
28th February 2014, 04:40 AM   |  #5  
bejunk's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Berlin
Thanks Meter: 1,443
 
1,284 posts
Join Date:Joined: May 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by m111920

I know that, lol,
I have bootloader key from sony..

if you know that, why you ask??? theres many, many ,many more that affetcs your battery than a kernel. imagine your system like a city. the kernel is the big main way, so it just leads/rules mainly. but theres 100+ things that can affect how it goes in that city. you will never get a easy answer for this.
The Following User Says Thank You to bejunk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th February 2014, 12:20 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bjelovar
Thanks Meter: 1
 
7 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejunk

if you know that, why you ask??? theres many, many ,many more that affetcs your battery than a kernel. imagine your system like a city. the kernel is the big main way, so it just leads/rules mainly. but theres 100+ things that can affect how it goes in that city. you will never get a easy answer for this.

I'm not an noob, I always search before posting, by the rules. I just didn't find my answer here so I asked it.

My problem is really a battery drain overnight,it goes about 10 percent with no much apps installed,on stock ICS, 2g only.

I have uninstalled Youtube and viber,turned off unnecessary features..
3rd March 2014, 08:22 PM   |  #7  
dato02's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Tbilisi
Thanks Meter: 84
 
237 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by m111920

I'm not an noob, I always search before posting, by the rules. I just didn't find my answer here so I asked it.

My problem is really a battery drain overnight,it goes about 10 percent with no much apps installed,on stock ICS, 2g only.

I have uninstalled Youtube and viber,turned off unnecessary features..

turn off wifi before you go to sleep, also use Greenify and Wakelock detector to get the most out of your battery.

The Following User Says Thank You to dato02 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes