Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 50,387 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does custom kernel/rom improves your battery?

Tip us?

m111920
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Does custom kernel/rom improves your battery?

I have ST15i with stock kernel on .587 based custom rom, battery could be better, should I change to custom kernel?
Post your opinions

SnakeEyesNinja
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Some kernel does , some kernel Drain your battery , depends upon kernel read the info section of the kernel you wish to download

iPusak Gaoq™
Old
Thanks Meter 811
Quote:
Originally Posted by m111920 View Post
I have ST15i with stock kernel on .587 based custom rom, battery could be better, should I change to custom kernel?
Post your opinions
Hmmm...technically yes it does improve battery consuming but it's all depend on how many apps/games you install on your devices...remember, majority of apps need to runs in the background so the more apps running in the background, the more battery it consume...

if you want to use custom kernel then make sure you devices bootloader can be unlock first...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Phone : Xperia Mini ProAndroid Version : KK 4.4.4Rom : PAC RomsBaseband Version : .587Kernel : v3.4.0-LX

m111920
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by iPusak Gaoq™ View Post
Hmmm...technically yes it does improve battery consuming but it's all depend on how many apps/games you install on your devices...remember, majority of apps need to runs in the background so the more apps running in the background, the more battery it consume...

if you want to use custom kernel then make sure you devices bootloader can be unlock first...
I know that, lol,
I have bootloader key from sony..

bejunk
Old
Thanks Meter 1,363

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I know that, lol,
I have bootloader key from sony..
if you know that, why you ask??? theres many, many ,many more that affetcs your battery than a kernel. imagine your system like a city. the kernel is the big main way, so it just leads/rules mainly. but theres 100+ things that can affect how it goes in that city. you will never get a easy answer for this.
.../// LT18i /// LegacyXperia 4.4.4 /// baseband .77 ///...

The Following User Says Thank You to bejunk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

m111920
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bejunk View Post
if you know that, why you ask??? theres many, many ,many more that affetcs your battery than a kernel. imagine your system like a city. the kernel is the big main way, so it just leads/rules mainly. but theres 100+ things that can affect how it goes in that city. you will never get a easy answer for this.
I'm not an noob, I always search before posting, by the rules. I just didn't find my answer here so I asked it.

My problem is really a battery drain overnight,it goes about 10 percent with no much apps installed,on stock ICS, 2g only.

I have uninstalled Youtube and viber,turned off unnecessary features..

dato02
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
I'm not an noob, I always search before posting, by the rules. I just didn't find my answer here so I asked it.

My problem is really a battery drain overnight,it goes about 10 percent with no much apps installed,on stock ICS, 2g only.

I have uninstalled Youtube and viber,turned off unnecessary features..
turn off wifi before you go to sleep, also use Greenify and Wakelock detector to get the most out of your battery.
Sent from my SK17i (mango)
If you want to have JB on your phone with fully working camera then go and sign THIS
if you have any question about your phone then go and read THIS carefully, AND THANK DEV AFTER YOU ARE DONE
if you think free RAM is wasted RAM read THIS

The Following User Says Thank You to dato02 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]