Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,924 Members 45,361 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Video camera performance/dashcam apps

Tip us?

edithswanneck
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default Video camera performance/dashcam apps

Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem using my phone as a dashcam when driving. I've tried a couple of apps thoroughly which makes me think the problem is a hardware issue, not the apps.

Basically, I want to use a fairly high resolution with the sound off (both apps have this feature) but that causes the camera to pause for 1-2 seconds every few seconds. Turning the sound on fixes it, but that's not ideal. At really low resolutions it works okay, but the quality is quite poor.

Are there any apps/tweaks etc that can improve this do you think? Has anyone got the Ace working well as a dashcam? THanks for any help, I've spent ages trying different settings etc.

artur1131
Old
Thanks Meter 41
U tried LenovoSuperCamera? It has lot of options and it makes quite nice shots. The only problem is in video-recording cuz its only recording in 720p, if its ok for u then give it a try. I'll send u a link if ill find it. (there is a special modded version on xda)

edithswanneck
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur1131 View Post
U tried LenovoSuperCamera? It has lot of options and it makes quite nice shots. The only problem is in video-recording cuz its only recording in 720p, if its ok for u then give it a try. I'll send u a link if ill find it. (there is a special modded version on xda)
Thanks, I'll take a look. Is it just the first result on XDA when you Google it? Says it's for S4, but it works on Ace 2? Or is there another version?

artur1131
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by edithswanneck View Post
Thanks, I'll take a look. Is it just the first result on XDA when you Google it? Says it's for S4, but it works on Ace 2? Or is there another version?
Im using this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2655322 and it works
The Following User Says Thank You to artur1131 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

edithswanneck
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
I'll take a look, thanks. Sounds good. Will this affect other apps using the camera? For example, will a dashcam app use Lenovo or will it just use the actual hardware?

artur1131
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Ask in the lenovo thread. All what i know about this app is that im using it and it works good.

edithswanneck
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Ask in the lenovo thread. All what i know about this app is that im using it and it works good.
Cool, thanks for your help.