FORUMS

Analysis & Opinion

Video camera performance/dashcam apps

100 posts
Thanks Meter: 14
 
By milesbennetdyson, Senior Member on 28th February 2014, 05:11 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem using my phone as a dashcam when driving. I've tried a couple of apps thoroughly which makes me think the problem is a hardware issue, not the apps.

Basically, I want to use a fairly high resolution with the sound off (both apps have this feature) but that causes the camera to pause for 1-2 seconds every few seconds. Turning the sound on fixes it, but that's not ideal. At really low resolutions it works okay, but the quality is quite poor.

Are there any apps/tweaks etc that can improve this do you think? Has anyone got the Ace working well as a dashcam? THanks for any help, I've spent ages trying different settings etc.
 
 
28th February 2014, 09:25 PM |#2  
artur1131's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
U tried LenovoSuperCamera? It has lot of options and it makes quite nice shots. The only problem is in video-recording cuz its only recording in 720p, if its ok for u then give it a try. I'll send u a link if ill find it. (there is a special modded version on xda)
28th February 2014, 09:39 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur1131

U tried LenovoSuperCamera? It has lot of options and it makes quite nice shots. The only problem is in video-recording cuz its only recording in 720p, if its ok for u then give it a try. I'll send u a link if ill find it. (there is a special modded version on xda)

Thanks, I'll take a look. Is it just the first result on XDA when you Google it? Says it's for S4, but it works on Ace 2? Or is there another version?
1st March 2014, 02:36 PM |#4  
artur1131's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edithswanneck

Thanks, I'll take a look. Is it just the first result on XDA when you Google it? Says it's for S4, but it works on Ace 2? Or is there another version?

Im using this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2655322 and it works
The Following User Says Thank You to artur1131 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2014, 02:55 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur1131

Im using this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2655322 and it works

I'll take a look, thanks. Sounds good. Will this affect other apps using the camera? For example, will a dashcam app use Lenovo or will it just use the actual hardware?
3rd March 2014, 03:27 PM |#6  
artur1131's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 41
 
More
Ask in the lenovo thread. All what i know about this app is that im using it and it works good.
3rd March 2014, 08:15 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur1131

Ask in the lenovo thread. All what i know about this app is that im using it and it works good.

Cool, thanks for your help.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes