How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Video camera performance/dashcam apps

OP milesbennetdyson

28th February 2014, 06:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

96 posts
Hi, I'm having a bit of a problem using my phone as a dashcam when driving. I've tried a couple of apps thoroughly which makes me think the problem is a hardware issue, not the apps.

Basically, I want to use a fairly high resolution with the sound off (both apps have this feature) but that causes the camera to pause for 1-2 seconds every few seconds. Turning the sound on fixes it, but that's not ideal. At really low resolutions it works okay, but the quality is quite poor.

Are there any apps/tweaks etc that can improve this do you think? Has anyone got the Ace working well as a dashcam? THanks for any help, I've spent ages trying different settings etc.
28th February 2014, 10:25 PM   |  #2  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 41

192 posts
More
U tried LenovoSuperCamera? It has lot of options and it makes quite nice shots. The only problem is in video-recording cuz its only recording in 720p, if its ok for u then give it a try. I'll send u a link if ill find it. (there is a special modded version on xda)
28th February 2014, 10:39 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

96 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by artur1131

U tried LenovoSuperCamera? It has lot of options and it makes quite nice shots. The only problem is in video-recording cuz its only recording in 720p, if its ok for u then give it a try. I'll send u a link if ill find it. (there is a special modded version on xda)

Thanks, I'll take a look. Is it just the first result on XDA when you Google it? Says it's for S4, but it works on Ace 2? Or is there another version?
1st March 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #4  
Flag Warsaw

192 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by edithswanneck

Thanks, I'll take a look. Is it just the first result on XDA when you Google it? Says it's for S4, but it works on Ace 2? Or is there another version?

Im using this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2655322 and it works
The Following User Says Thank You to artur1131 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

96 posts
Quote:

Im using this one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2655322 and it works

I'll take a look, thanks. Sounds good. Will this affect other apps using the camera? For example, will a dashcam app use Lenovo or will it just use the actual hardware?
3rd March 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #6  
Flag Warsaw

192 posts
More
Ask in the lenovo thread. All what i know about this app is that im using it and it works good.
3rd March 2014, 09:15 PM   |  #7  
OP Member

96 posts
Quote:

Ask in the lenovo thread. All what i know about this app is that im using it and it works good.

Cool, thanks for your help.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread