Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] From TWRP back to stock Recovery & locked Bootloader, keeping root & Custom ROM?

OP spaboleo

3rd March 2014, 09:29 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1,823

1,581 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by spaboleo

So one question remains.
Is there a way to access data from the stock recovery (maybe locating via "adb shell ls..." and then using "adb pull...") when s-off with a locked bootloader?
Assuming adb is turned off in the OS (developer options) if not used?

All that's available in stock recovery in the ability to flash an HTC signed zip (official OTA, for example) and to factory reset.

There is no backup/restore/adb access/file manager like in a custom recovery.
The Following User Says Thank You to cschmitt For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd March 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 51

402 posts
More
Perfect

Sorry for asking that many questions, but as user the motto is "better safe than sorry".

I unlocked and s-offed my HTC One around June-August 2013 and besides a quick TWRP update here and there and a monthly ROM upgrade there was absolutely no need to fiddle around with it more.
Aftermarket development has become that reliable that it's actually possible to find a good "set it and forget it" daily driver setup.

And since I am not a developer and don't deal with those questions on a regular basis, I'm always not 100% sure if I get all the facts right.
Thanks for helping me out with this one!

I'm going to try it next weekend or next week: Going to backup my data and simulate a potential theft with the locked bootloader and reverted to stock recovery. Remote-Wiping the device, unlocking the bootloader conventionally via fastboot and making sure that this wipes all user-data on the phone. And then I'm going to give that booted into OS, revone unlock a try and simulate a potential rom upgrade, just as you described it.
Right now I just can't risk my daily driver phone, as I wouldn't have the time to set it up again.

Thanks for your extended help
Finally feeling secure again on Android.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread