XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A no cost fix for the hiss noise problem

Tip us?

torchevo
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default A no cost fix for the hiss noise problem

Got myself a DX, fell in love but due to the hiss I had to break up with it and returned it. Got myself a DXD (dual sim) hoping that the hiss noise would be solved, and fell in love once more, but sadly the hiss noise level was not noticeable improved.

Then all of a sudden I was struck with an idea. How would the noise be affected if I'd just applied some simple office scotch over the phone speaker? In theory higher frequencies should be more reduced by this than lower.

With little enthusiasm I applied some office tape covering the small holes + the bigger rectangular hole and called...

Guess what? The noise was almost not noticeable any more. I didn't believe my ears. I'm not surprised if you wont believe me, but try it, it wont cost you anything.

Offcourse You will loose some of the audio level, and also some of the higher frequencies, but I'd say it will not affect the frequencies of speech to any noticeable level.

So, there it is, a no cost fix for the most annoying shortcoming of this brilliant little phone.

Take a piece of tape, put it on a clean glossy surface such as glass. Use a scalpel to cut a suitable size and apply it. Press firmly. It will be almost unnoticeable. Just briefly use some alcohol and lint free cloth to remove the adhesive from the edges of the tape so it wont pick up dirt and it will last nice for quite long.

I've never been deeper in love, with a phone that is. I wonder if alcohol has anything to do with it.

In times where apps solves almost every problems, I feel very self-righteous regarding this hands on solution.

Any donations to support my audio quality development of the DX are much welcome.

Over'n out.
Cheers
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	047.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	269.2 KB
ID:	2606423  
The Following User Says Thank You to torchevo For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

SoulSeekerHS
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Thank you for the wonderfull read haha
Might try this, although I am more bothered by the hiss over headphones... and this "fix" wont quiet work there I fear.