Post Reply

[Q] Help Debricking.. Force Flash?

OP dwooderson

4th March 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
I'm trying to un-softbrick my Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi with Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.0.

Im getting an error,

Code:
checking product...
FAILED

Device product is 'flo'.
Update requires 'grouper'.
I think that I need to set the option to force the image, but the warning of permanent brickification worries me. I know that this is a Nexus 7 (2013) Wifi, so I should be able to use the KOT49H image (or any of the images in the 2013-WiFi section), from the factory images page without concern, right?

I'm not allowd to post links yet, but this is the site with the Google images: developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#razor
4th March 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #2  
mdamaged's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,011
 
1,583 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwooderson

I'm trying to un-softbrick my Nexus 7 (2013) WiFi with Nexus Root Toolkit v1.8.0.

Im getting an error,

Code:
checking product...
FAILED

Device product is 'flo'.
Update requires 'grouper'.
I think that I need to set the option to force the image, but the warning of permanent brickification worries me. I know that this is a Nexus 7 (2013) Wifi, so I should be able to use the KOT49H image (or any of the images in the 2013-WiFi section), from the factory images page without concern, right?

I'm not allowd to post links yet, but this is the site with the Google images: developers.google.com/android/nexus/images#razor



I think you might have Nexus 7 (2012) selected instead of Nexus 7 v2, and yes force flashing grouper image to your 2013 will ruin your day.

You want the selection in Wugs to look like this: , which will flash this: https://dl.google.com/dl/android/aos...y-ebb4918e.tgz (this image is the factory image for the Nexus 7 2013 WiFi, aka FLO aka razor.)

You DO NOT want the selection in Wugs to look like this:
Last edited by mdamaged; 4th March 2014 at 02:25 AM.
4th March 2014, 03:50 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdamaged

I think you might have Nexus 7 (2012)

Thank you for your help!

I can't believe I did that, how embarrassing! The log (below) makes it look like the operation was successful, but the tablet still won't boot. It sits on the Google logo (with an unlocked padlock icon) forever. I tried both Start and Recovery multiple times with 30 mins between just in case.

Any ideas of what to try next?


Code:

Flash Stock + Unroot...
 ------------------------------------------------------------------


sending 'bootloader' (3911 KB)...
OKAY [  0.141s]
writing 'bootloader'...
OKAY [  1.446s]
finished. total time: 1.587s
rebooting into bootloader...
OKAY [  0.007s]
finished. total time: 0.007s

archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
archive does not contain 'system.sig'
--------------------------------------------
Bootloader Version...: FLO-04.02
Baseband Version.....: none
Serial Number........: xxxxxxxx
--------------------------------------------
checking product...
OKAY [  0.003s]
checking version-bootloader...
OKAY [  0.004s]
sending 'boot' (7018 KB)...
OKAY [  0.238s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [  0.435s]
sending 'recovery' (7564 KB)...
OKAY [  0.257s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.404s]
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [  0.509s]
sending 'system' (717936 KB)...
OKAY [ 29.847s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [ 38.148s]
erasing 'userdata'...
OKAY [  8.056s]
formatting 'userdata' partition...
Creating filesystem with parameters:
    Size: 13346254848
    Block size: 4096
    Blocks per group: 32768
    Inodes per group: 8160
    Inode size: 256
    Journal blocks: 32768
    Label:
    Blocks: 3258363
    Block groups: 100
    Reserved block group size: 799
Created filesystem with 11/816000 inodes and 91981/3258363 blocks
sending 'userdata' (137202 KB)...
writing 'userdata'...
OKAY [ 15.096s]
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [  0.394s]
formatting 'cache' partition...
Creating filesystem with parameters:
    Size: 587202560
    Block size: 4096
    Blocks per group: 32768
    Inodes per group: 7168
    Inode size: 256
    Journal blocks: 2240
    Label:
    Blocks: 143360
    Block groups: 5
    Reserved block group size: 39
Created filesystem with 11/35840 inodes and 4616/143360 blocks
sending 'cache' (10984 KB)...
writing 'cache'...
OKAY [  1.180s]
rebooting...

finished. total time: 94.593s



Booting up your freshly flashed stock device...
 ------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait for your device to finish booting up...

        - It may appear to be boot looping; just wait...

        - It could take 5-10 minutes; please be patient...

When its finally booted back up, please remember
to re-enable USB debugging if you plan on using
the toolkit to perform other operations.

NOTE: If this process was too quick and your device
is still in bootloader mode, then flashing stock may
have failed or been incomplete.  Simply check the
log above: if you notice it skipped steps because it
didn't meet certain requirements, like the bootloader
or baseband version, then consider enabling 'Force Flash'
mode in the toolkits options menu and trying the
 'Flash Stock + Unroot' processs again.  Cheers.



Press any key to exit...
4th March 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #4  
mdamaged's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,011
 
1,583 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwooderson

Thank you for your help!

I can't believe I did that, how embarrassing! The log (below) makes it look like the operation was successful, but the tablet still won't boot. It sits on the Google logo (with an unlocked padlock icon) forever. I tried both Start and Recovery multiple times with 30 mins between just in case.

Any ideas of what to try next?


Code:

Flash Stock + Unroot...
 ------------------------------------------------------------------


sending 'bootloader' (3911 KB)...
OKAY [  0.141s]
writing 'bootloader'...
OKAY [  1.446s]
finished. total time: 1.587s
rebooting into bootloader...
OKAY [  0.007s]
finished. total time: 0.007s

archive does not contain 'boot.sig'
archive does not contain 'recovery.sig'
archive does not contain 'system.sig'
--------------------------------------------
Bootloader Version...: FLO-04.02
Baseband Version.....: none
Serial Number........: xxxxxxxx
--------------------------------------------
checking product...
OKAY [  0.003s]
checking version-bootloader...
OKAY [  0.004s]
sending 'boot' (7018 KB)...
OKAY [  0.238s]
writing 'boot'...
OKAY [  0.435s]
sending 'recovery' (7564 KB)...
OKAY [  0.257s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [  0.404s]
erasing 'system'...
OKAY [  0.509s]
sending 'system' (717936 KB)...
OKAY [ 29.847s]
writing 'system'...
OKAY [ 38.148s]
erasing 'userdata'...
OKAY [  8.056s]
formatting 'userdata' partition...
Creating filesystem with parameters:
    Size: 13346254848
    Block size: 4096
    Blocks per group: 32768
    Inodes per group: 8160
    Inode size: 256
    Journal blocks: 32768
    Label:
    Blocks: 3258363
    Block groups: 100
    Reserved block group size: 799
Created filesystem with 11/816000 inodes and 91981/3258363 blocks
sending 'userdata' (137202 KB)...
writing 'userdata'...
OKAY [ 15.096s]
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [  0.394s]
formatting 'cache' partition...
Creating filesystem with parameters:
    Size: 587202560
    Block size: 4096
    Blocks per group: 32768
    Inodes per group: 7168
    Inode size: 256
    Journal blocks: 2240
    Label:
    Blocks: 143360
    Block groups: 5
    Reserved block group size: 39
Created filesystem with 11/35840 inodes and 4616/143360 blocks
sending 'cache' (10984 KB)...
writing 'cache'...
OKAY [  1.180s]
rebooting...

finished. total time: 94.593s



Booting up your freshly flashed stock device...
 ------------------------------------------------------------------

Wait for your device to finish booting up...

        - It may appear to be boot looping; just wait...

        - It could take 5-10 minutes; please be patient...

When its finally booted back up, please remember
to re-enable USB debugging if you plan on using
the toolkit to perform other operations.

NOTE: If this process was too quick and your device
is still in bootloader mode, then flashing stock may
have failed or been incomplete.  Simply check the
log above: if you notice it skipped steps because it
didn't meet certain requirements, like the bootloader
or baseband version, then consider enabling 'Force Flash'
mode in the toolkits options menu and trying the
 'Flash Stock + Unroot' processs again.  Cheers.



Press any key to exit...



Try the flash stock + unroot again with force (make sure you have the Nexus 7 v2 one selected first) as per his instructions, if it still does not boot, post to Wugs thread, maybe he'll know.
The Following User Says Thank You to mdamaged For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #5  
Jhall8's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 50
 
246 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
mdamaged, you have provided excellent and helpful info in many threads. IMO, you're one of the reasons that XDA is great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jhall8 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #6  
mdamaged's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag South of Heaven
Thanks Meter: 1,011
 
1,583 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhall8

mdamaged, you have provided excellent and helpful info in many threads. IMO, you're one of the reasons that XDA is great.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app

I appreciate those words.
The Following User Says Thank You to mdamaged For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th March 2014, 10:15 PM   |  #7  
CJD14's Avatar
Member
Flag Detroit
Thanks Meter: 11
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
More
Do you have a custom recovery? TWRP? when I first got my nexus being so unused to not having an SD card I accidentally wiped everything including my system storage everything even the backups. It wouldn't even let me get to recovery it just sat at the logo forever like ur saying. I managed to get it to the bootloader (which was unlocked by the way still) with the key combo, used the volume navigation to get to the recovery option. It booted after a bit to my amazement. Then luckily I had a USB OTG adapter so I downloaded a new ROM put it on the USB Drive, mounted it in TWRP, then was able to flash it and skipped stock and save it from its infinite bootloop. though obviously you should probably use the factory image. Idk this would obviously require an OTG USB adapter.. They are cheap and could get one expedited if need be I suppose.

Just thought I'd mention that cuz I was surprised it worked out for me. And if u managed to get to the custom recovery flash at any point in the past it should work for you too.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Nexus 7 (2013) Q&A by ThreadRank