5,605,685 Members 48,281 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] "WD8801" 2DIN Android 4.04 Car Head Unit with Quad-Core 1.7GHz

Tip us?

Drakey83
Old
(Last edited by Drakey83; 27th February 2014 at 04:31 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by saidak View Post
@Drakey83; did you get your Unit, I thought it was suppose to be shipped by the 15th of Feb? keep us updated on the situation.
My seller changed the shipping date from Feb 15 to March 5th, he said he didn't have any stock and he was waiting for the 4.2 update. It is freaking me out a little but since the money is in escrow through aliexpress I am pretty sure he isn't scamming me. It still pisses me off but at least he didn't try to string me along with lies and fake tracking numbers.
I love lamp!

nE0sIghT
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakey83 View Post
Pretty sure that this has only been verified on his unit specifically.
Confirmed with 3 units
Linux 3.xx.x-gentoo SMP PREEMPT x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Drakey83
Old
(Last edited by Drakey83; 28th February 2014 at 04:43 PM.)
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nE0sIghT View Post
Confirmed with 3 units
Did you get your button issue resolved? Is there any new from the manufacturers about fixing the mono sound issue?

I also just found a video showing off the 4.2.2 update for this unit. I wonder if there are any noticeable differences.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=skN1h9Z7uAs
I love lamp!

nE0sIghT
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Did you get your button issue resolved? Is there any new from the manufacturers about fixing the mono sound
Not yet
Linux 3.xx.x-gentoo SMP PREEMPT x86_64 Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

Drakey83
Old
Thanks Meter 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by nE0sIghT View Post
Not yet
did you get the 4.2.2 update?
I love lamp!

nE0sIghT
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
did you get the 4.2.2 update?
No

Orisai
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Quote:
I also just found a video showing off the 4.2.2 update for this unit. I wonder if there are any noticeable differences.http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=skN1h9Z7uAs
I don't like the 3G connectivity being handled by an app instead of the OS itself.

Bockiii
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Greetings,

first of all: Thanks a _lot_ for all the information about this unit. I've been playing around with the idea of a car pc for about a year now. My first approach was to build my own (got the XDROID with a display) but got away from that after I saw that in the last year, the amount of available units exploded

So I've had my eyes on this unit as well ( Since I did not see a single link yet, I'm pretty sure that links to aliexpress/alibaba are not wanted) and it would be nice to have a gathering post about the latest info available.

I chatted with the seller at aliexpress and they told me that the update 4.2 will come out next friday, which would be March 21st. They confirmed that google play store will be in that firmware.

For the people that already bought this unit: Would you buy it again? Or would you go to an AN-21U unit or something similar?

Thanks in advance

Bocki

chipped
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Sorry if this has already been asked but anyways:

- How is the inbuilt mic
- Can you use an external mic
- Does bluetooth OBD-II adaptor work
- Is there any lag in the animations

Cheers

Bockiii
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Ah, another question (maybe I missed the answer somewhere)

You had issues with Sound (Radio beeing fine but MP3s are Mono). Did you test this with other audio apps like Spotify or something?

Thanks!
Bocki

Tags
2din, car, chinese, head unit