5,605,250 Members 39,371 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Easy trick to get a new S4 from T Mobile without KNOX bootloader!

Tip us?

xXchrizhurtyXx
Old
(Last edited by xXchrizhurtyXx; 21st February 2014 at 04:58 AM.)
Thanks Meter 302
I received my replacement yesterday and it had 4.2.2. Build was November 21st. It has to do when the phone was manufactured. I didn't wipe data nor cache.

Edit : the phone was brand new Btw. Sealed in the oem box
Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
-

superbowlmania
Old
Thanks Meter 13
Sadly, my initial gs4 was mdl right out of the oem box. However that particular one had a crap gps antenna. Did a warranty exchange through tmobile and got a new s4. Turned it on and waited for the upgrading screen, ready to pull the battery, and it never came.

So now I have a working s4 that was manufactured with 4.3 mk2 preinstalled.

Tl;dr: at this point, it's luck of the draw on the mdl bootloader.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app
If I helped you, feel free NOT to hit the thanks button, if you don't want to.

Your Contract Service is killing your wallet. I am a PROUD PREPAID user. You too can OWN YOUR CELL SERVICE

The Root
Old
Thanks Meter 1739
Broke my screen this weekend. Used this and avoided knox. Thanks!

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Before blaming the dev consider that it might have been you. They probably know more and make fewer mistakes.

SGS4
Insane Kit Kat

bthurber
Old
Thanks Meter 19
Whenever I have a problem with a ROM I'm always wondering if it may be because I've avoided the bootloader update. My intention with 4.4 official is to give in and go Knox 0x1. My guess is others will do the same as it is becoming clear that newer rooms are going to need the new bootloader to avoid being flaky.

I cry reading the forums lately because half the questions are around this whole mess. If Samsung would just offer a signed package to reset the phone back to "out of the box" status and reset all flags...

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk

The Root
Old
Thanks Meter 1739
Quote:
Originally Posted by bthurber View Post
Whenever I have a problem with a ROM I'm always wondering if it may be because I've avoided the bootloader update. My intention with 4.4 official is to give in and go Knox 0x1. My guess is others will do the same as it is becoming clear that newer rooms are going to need the new bootloader to avoid being flaky.

I cry reading the forums lately because half the questions are around this whole mess. If Samsung would just offer a signed package to reset the phone back to "out of the box" status and reset all flags...

Sorry to hijack the thread a bit

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk
I'd have to disagree. On all prior phones, I used to run Odin with the stock firmware regularly just to clean house. Now it's not safe to even do that without care. And the Odin files become harder to find. I think it's just stuff building up flash after flash that can't get fully wiped even through recovery.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Before blaming the dev consider that it might have been you. They probably know more and make fewer mistakes.

SGS4
Insane Kit Kat