Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,784,939 Members 51,063 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

What is everyone using for pdf editing?

Tip us?

BclingergFJ
Old
(Last edited by BclingergFJ; 27th February 2014 at 07:48 PM.)
Thanks Meter 10
Lecture Notes. Fast rendering/flattening of file...

Via my Note 3

ziotom2
Old
Thanks Meter 41
New funcion in papyrus for pdf editng

Inviato dal mio SM-P905 utilizzando Tapatalk
SM-N9005 SD 64 gb samsung - XXUDMJ6 - ODEX - root CF -

ghostwheel
Old
(Last edited by ghostwheel; 24th February 2014 at 12:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
I just tried papyrus with pdf. It really works very nicely!
adding notes is very smooth, and the S-pen can directly write without needing to click anything or click done at the end.
What I found missing:
1. No highlighting, so I haven't found a way to specify transparency for the pen.
2. You can't flip pages with the volume button, or with a swipe - you have to click an icon at the top of the screen.
3. After PDF is imported, page rendering is slow. Flipping through the document takes some time.
4. No search
5. No links are followed, no table of contents.
6. Can't add pages to PDFs for notes.

And, a final comment: Don't buy the toolbox (which allows you to add text to your notes), it is really crappy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziotom2 View Post
New funcion in papyrus for pdf editng
Inviato dal mio SM-P905 utilizzando Tapatalk

Lourens.dL
Old
(Last edited by Lourens.dL; 1st March 2014 at 04:06 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1
Has anybody tried Adobe Acrobat. It works perfect for me to add text or hand written notes.

mustbepbs
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Mantano Reader Premium, baby. It handles PDFs like it ain't no thang. It's literally the only good EPUB and PDF reader/annotator on the market. It's super smooth, nice cataloging features and good interface and tools. I've never been able to replace it after 2 years.
The Following User Says Thank You to mustbepbs For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

ghostwheel
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustbepbs View Post
Mantano Reader Premium, baby. It handles PDFs like it ain't no thang. It's literally the only good EPUB and PDF reader/annotator on the market. It's super smooth, nice cataloging features and good interface and tools. I've never been able to replace it after 2 years.
Nice reader. But, couldn't find any S-pen support. Palm will continue to put junk on screen while drawing with the pen.
Of course this means you can't zoom in or pan while annotating.
Only tested for 5 minutes, and then refunded the 8.36 euro, so maybe I missed how to activate these features...

WeiKaiLe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Has anyone used PDF import for Papyrus? I was wondering if if creates the massive image based files like s note does or not. I guess it is too much to ask for an editor that keeps the pdf file but also allows customisation of pen and later erasing of any annotation. Both of those things lacking in EzPDF cause me to use S Note but a 12mb pdf file becomes 70mb+ in S Note and a bit slow.

ghostwheel
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WeiKaiLe View Post
Has anyone used PDF import for Papyrus? I was wondering if if creates the massive image based files like s note does or not. I guess it is too much to ask for an editor that keeps the pdf file but also allows customisation of pen and later erasing of any annotation. Both of those things lacking in EzPDF cause me to use S Note but a 12mb pdf file becomes 70mb+ in S Note and a bit slow.
My impression is that Papyrus keeps the original format. At least loading large PDF files is very quick, and there is a directory that contains
the file in original format, and you can zoom to 10x and still not see pixels.

Too bad that it is not working directly on the PDF, though, so you have to convert back to PDF or auto sync to PDF on dropbox.
Otherwise, working on PDFs is really great.

WeiKaiLe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwheel View Post
snip
Thanks heaps for the reply, that is very encouraging. I hate that S Note converts the PDF to images and then they became quite poor quality, not being able to zoom in without pixelation.

mustbepbs
Old
Thanks Meter 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwheel View Post
Nice reader. But, couldn't find any S-pen support. Palm will continue to put junk on screen while drawing with the pen.
Of course this means you can't zoom in or pan while annotating.
Only tested for 5 minutes, and then refunded the 8.36 euro, so maybe I missed how to activate these features...
It definitely doesn't have the spen support that other readers do, but Mantano is literally the only reader that doesn't have lag and jank. EzPDF doesn't have nearly as much lag as other editors do, but the categorization doesn't match Mantano. Mantano does EPUBs very well also. I've literally tried them all and cannot find a replacement for Mantano.