Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,856 Members 46,339 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] LG G2 ATT Phone not registered

Tip us?

Rokanaske
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default [Q] LG G2 ATT Phone not registered

Hello i am new to this forum and i have a question that i asked around and can not get an answer to it.

Whenever i try to update my LG G2 (ATT) i keep getting a phone not registered error. I hooked it up with the LG software in hopes of updating it, but it says that i have my software is up to date, but i only have the D80010d. So the software recognizes my phone as being valid but it doesnt seem to get an update. I tried doing a factory reset but that didn't work. I did register my phone to the LG website, but that didnt solve anything? Any ideas?

Sidenote - I know that ATT has a service center near my area where they can possibly fix it for me, but i want to avoid doing that if i can. Also, I bought the phone through best buy if that helps in any shape or form. I did talk to LG and they said to talk to ATT, but ATT said to talk to LG. My last hope is just to do CM11 on this phone when there is a stable build out haha.

Rokanaske
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Bump

Sent from my LG-D800 using Tapatalk

06VJ
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Even I have the same problem

M facing the same issue.. Did u get any solution for this..?

Rokanaske
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Get a new sim and try again. I talked to ATT rep and it said its mostly likely a sim card error. If you have a family member also on ATT try using their SIM and it should work. I used my mothers sim and it worked out. If it doesnt, go to ATT and get a new one. If you get updates working you can ask ATT to push updates to you VIA live chat.

The Following User Says Thank You to Rokanaske For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

06VJ
Old
(Last edited by 06VJ; 1st March 2014 at 05:57 AM.) Reason: software version edited..
Thanks Meter 0
Default Was able to update.. but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rokanaske View Post
Get a new sim and try again. I talked to ATT rep and it said its mostly likely a sim card error. If you have a family member also on ATT try using their SIM and it should work. I used my mothers sim and it worked out. If it doesnt, go to ATT and get a new one. If you get updates working you can ask ATT to push updates to you VIA live chat.

I tried with a new sim and got the 57 mb update.. installed it and checked the android version.. its still 4.2.2.. software version changed to D80010o from D80010d..
Doesn't look like kitkat update.. Again tried for software update.. now its saying my phone is upto date.. how to upgrade to kitkat.. please help..

Rokanaske
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06VJ View Post
I tried with a new sim and got the 57 mb update.. installed it and checked the android version.. its still 4.2.2.. software version D80010o..
Doesn't look like kitkat update.. Again tried for software update.. now its saying my phone is upto date.. how to upgrade to kitkat.. please help..
I had that exact same issue. Leaving the new sim into the phone go to ATT live chat and ask them to push the updates to you. Just tell them that your phone is on the D80010o update and you would like to update to the D80010q and D80020c (KitKat) right after. It took me about 2 hours total because KitKat was a huge update. Try to keep the phone connected to a charger.

Quick link to the live chat. Just select technical support.
http://www.att.com/contactus/index/wireless.html
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rokanaske For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

06VJ
Old
(Last edited by 06VJ; 4th March 2014 at 04:15 AM.) Reason: mistakes..
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Upgraded to Kitkat...

Hey Rokanaske,
followed ur steps... and just now got upgraded to kitkat... Thanks a ton...