Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,778,176 Members 51,480 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Internal Storage Wiped, Stuck at Start up

Tip us?

MikeyLevi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Internal Storage Wiped, Stuck at Start up

I tried installing a native hotspot plugin through recovery (twrp) that was for CWM and my phone got stuck at the "Samsung Galaxy SIII" screen. I didn't know what to do so I wiped everything (I have/had no idea what I was doing) and now theres nothing on the phone at all (besides TWRP). I checked for a bootloader in terminal but there was nothing. I try flashing stock roms (such as 4.1.2 and 4.3) but got some sort of "auth" error with odin.

Before this happened my phone was running 4.3. Does anyone have any idea what to do? I need this phone. Can I save anything from the internal storage?

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 373
Are you running a 4.3 bootloader? If you are, you flash a stock rom that is older than 4.3 in Odin.

Is you phone an i747 or i747m?

MikeyLevi
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
i747. where can i find a 4.3 stock rom?

audit13
Old
Thanks Meter 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyLevi View Post
i747. where can i find a 4.3 stock rom?
There is no AT&T 4.3 stock ROM that can be flashed via Odin because AT&T never made it available as a complete ROM, only as an OTA update. This might help: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658486

MikeyLevi
Old
(Last edited by MikeyLevi; 4th March 2014 at 06:49 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
That would help, but I have no way of getting the .zip on the phone. TWRP refuses to let me use the external SD card and I cant sideload because adb cant detect my phone.

EDIT: Got the .zip on my sd card and im using CWM but when I try to flash the .zip I get some sort of status 7 error.
_
"e:Error in /storage/sdcard1/ATT_I747_UCUEMJB_StockRestore_222014.zip
(status 7)
Installation Aborted.

EDIT2:Phones working, this is solved! Used the guide above. Had to downgrade my version of philz touch.