Flashing "Aviator CM11" on stock partition. Comfirmed. Gain storage space

Tip us?

DumbleCore
Old
Thanks Meter 405

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven87 View Post
if i wipe everything should't that wipe my intenal memory which contains the rom i want to flash?? i was lost at that part, where should i put the rom and gapps before flashing?
I've never ever wiped internal or external storage before flashing to stock, never had any problems with apps and I'm usually flashing to stock slot. in advanced Wipe I tick everything except internal /external storage and then flash the rom I want :thumbup:

Tapped from my RazR
Motorola, my dear, I don't give a damn!
The Following User Says Thank You to DumbleCore For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Steven87
Old
Thanks Meter 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumbleCore View Post
I've never ever wiped internal or external storage before flashing to stock, never had any problems with apps and I'm usually flashing to stock slot. in advanced Wipe I tick everything except internal /external storage and then flash the rom I want :thumbup:

Tapped from my RazR
ok, going to try that, thanks!!

neo.ank
Old
Thanks Meter 418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven87 View Post
if i wipe everything should't that wipe my intenal memory which contains the rom i want to flash?? i was lost at that part, where should i put the rom and gapps before flashing?
You can use the recovery to mount your sdcard and then transfer your zip files after the wipe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaschaElble View Post
Just one thing.... Disabling core 1 of the cpu causes the phone to become incredibly more responsive... so not only is core 1 wasting my battery, its also slowing down the damn phone!!!
What did you use to disable core 1.?

DROID RAZR with Tapatalk 4
My friend told me,there was life outside the internet and that I should check it out.
I said "Cool.! Send me the link. !!"

ludeawakening
Old
Thanks Meter 17
Oops my bad. Yeah I wasn't meaning wipe storage, just the area like flashing on different phones with unlocked bootloaders. Like factory data rest, system, cache, and dalvik.

Sent from my DROID SPYDER using xda app-developers app

SaschaElble
Old
(Last edited by SaschaElble; 22nd February 2014 at 07:46 AM.) Reason: jbx kernel stuff
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by neo.ank View Post
What did you use to disable core 1.?
DROID RAZR with Tapatalk 4
I used kernel tuner, and the effect never lasted, have to keep turning it off. Anyways installing the jbk kernel for the xt912 or Using the built in CPU turner worked
Google "xt912 jbx xda" if interested
Also, for everyone else, I have had to wipe my internal because of apps failing to update. Also, old apps that had been installed on the rom before hand, wouldn't install on the reflashed rom... Only manually removing old data/data apps works. Or wipe.

control187
Old
Thanks Meter 22
For some reason SS wont let me wipe the internal portion. And when I try to install CM11 (or 10.2 for that matter) I get an error that the binary cannot be updated, or some such thing. Now the system is wiped, so stock sits in a boot loop. I still have slot 1 so I can use the phone, but does anyone have any ideas for me? Thanks.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk

SaschaElble
Old
(Last edited by SaschaElble; 28th February 2014 at 09:23 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Well, try wiping each section one at a time. I've found that mass wiping stock wont work, because some parts will fail, causing the whole wiping process to bail. (But it wont tell you that, it'll just say "some failed". It wont tell you that, after that "part" failed, it bailed out. So wipe each part seperatly.
Wipe internal
return
wipe cache
return
wipe system
return
ect.
Once done, install your new ROM. Sometimes I've soft bricked when wiping system. No known reason. Usually works, sometimes it just lolz at me and freezes. Upon reboot, I can only restore to stock and repeat the process (it ALWAYS works then)

To be honest, use the batman utility.

This will let you restore to stock, re-root, and reinstall safestrap, all from one utility.
Download from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192467

control187
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Quote:
Well, try wiping each section one at a time. I've found that mass wiping stock wont work, because some parts will fail, causing the whole wiping process to bail. (But it wont tell you that, it'll just say "some failed". It wont tell you that, after that "part" failed, it bailed out. So wipe each part seperatly.
Wipe internal
return
wipe cache
return
wipe system
return
ect.
Once done, install your new ROM. Sometimes I've soft bricked when wiping system. No known reason. Usually works, sometimes it just lolz at me and freezes. Upon reboot, I can only restore to stock and repeat the process (it ALWAYS works then)

To be honest, use the batman utility.

This will let you restore to stock, re-root, and reinstall safestrap, all from one utility.
Download from here:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192467
Thanks, I did end up going back to stock via DSD last night and re root with RAZR blade. Thanks everyone.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

dtrail1
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 7139

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I used kernel tuner, and the effect never lasted, have to keep turning it off. Anyways installing the jbk kernel for the xt912 or Using the built in CPU turner worked
Google "xt912 jbx xda" if interested
Also, for everyone else, I have had to wipe my internal because of apps failing to update. Also, old apps that had been installed on the rom before hand, wouldn't install on the reflashed rom... Only manually removing old data/data apps works. Or wipe.
Thanks for mentioning
The kernel thread can easily be found right here in the development section.

Question: is the aviator Rom still updated? How does it work for you? How is battery life and overall look and feel?

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 4
Every little cup of coffee will help! BIG THANKS to all who supported me in any way and this great community!! Without you this project probably have been dead already.
Using the cash for server (OTA, Web) and also for me personally as I don't have a job atm until m.o. August. As I'm spending a lot of time for this project, it's nice if I can earn a little with it.

Currently needed: 15,00(to keep everything as is and safe me a lot of (re-)work. Otherwise, no worries)

And/or help me by registering here via THIS banner - and earn some BTC for yourself:

SaschaElble
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtrail1 View Post
Thanks for mentioning
The kernel thread can easily be found right here in the development section.

Question: is the aviator Rom still updated? How does it work for you? How is battery life and overall look and feel?

Gesendet von meinem XT910 mit Tapatalk 4
Updates come sort okay, still being work on, if thats what your asking. The aviator Rom was amazing while I used it. I really loved the resolution on it. However, being the flasher fanatic that I am, I moved to "pure" cm11. Which the aviator rom is based off of. Stock cm11 has NIGHTLIES!! :P also

CYANDELTA is the COOLEST NIGHTLY/REGULAR ROM DOWNLOADER EVER FOR CYANOGENMOD!!!!!
WHY??? Say, old rom 180mb, new rom is 190mb. But only about 20mb is actually unique between the two roms, it will only download the unique bits and PATCH the old rom! I upgrade on the daily, now.