XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Kernel Source Code] T-Mobile Sony Xperia Z1s 6916

Tip us?

accts
Old
Thanks Meter 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqukyo View Post
$528 with a plan. I paid more cuz I wanted to use the $30 5gb prepaid plan. anyways, which unlocking site?
Got my at safeunlockcode for $37 - one day respond.

BTW that is a nice plan, I didn't even look into the prepaid! Maybe I should now

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk

gqukyo
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Thanks for the site info. The plan only has 100m so if u talk a lot on the phone then it won't work unless u plan on using some VoIP service. Love the 5gb cap though. I rarely break 2gb/m but doesn't hurt to have a high ceiling.

epsix
Old
Thanks Meter 221

DONATE TO ME
37 buck for an unlock code? Dang...I've paid off my phone, just have to wait 40 days before calling tmobile to request a sim unlock code.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk 2

gqukyo
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Accts is just warning that there may be other restrictions that prevent unlocking until those restrictions are lifted. I gave an example with my Lumia 1020. I hope I can unlock it as well after 40 days but I'm not holding my breath.

OCedHrt
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by gqukyo View Post
Accts is just warning that there may be other restrictions that prevent unlocking until those restrictions are lifted. I gave an example with my Lumia 1020. I hope I can unlock it as well after 40 days but I'm not holding my breath.
I've never had problems unlocking with T-Mobile. Especially if the device is paid in full and you are outside of return period. Even then, I've had some success without meeting those conditions.

But then, with free international data and 20 cents/min calling, it might be more difficult to use traveling as a justification for an early unlock code.

gqukyo
Old
Thanks Meter 26
If that's the case then that's great but we'll see.

shiftylock
Old
Thanks Meter 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by epsix View Post
37 buck for an unlock code? Dang...I've paid off my phone, just have to wait 40 days before calling tmobile to request a sim unlock code.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk 2
Hey! Just wanted to chip in my 2 cents... I bought an iPhone 5 from tmo when it first came out and paid it off in full, after calling and explaining that I needed to use it in one of the countries their service doesn't cover, they unlocked it after only having the phone for about a week. What I did with the iPhone is another story, since I only bought the iCrap for the resale value, but my experience with tmo is that if you pay your bill on time every month and are very polite, they will unlock it as long as it's paid off. At least from my experience it's worth a shot!
My current devices:
Samsung Galaxy Note 3, LG Optimus F3 (T-Mobile), Nexus 7 8GB, Samsung Chromebook 16GB, Nokia E7, Sony Ericsson Xperia Play 4G (Backup), Nokia N86 8MP, iPhone 3GS, Samsung Captivate (bricked), Samsung Eternity, MOTORAZR v3 and v3xx, MOTORAZR2 V8, MOTOROKR z6w, Katalyst, Shine, Sidekick III, Nokia 5610, Nokia Mural, HTC Tilt2, HTC G1,aaand a MOTOACTV.

gqukyo
Old
Thanks Meter 26
They unlocked mine within a day. Called in to request unlock, they submitted request and I got it the next day. I'm on a prepaid plan.

misfist
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerdfacenyan View Post
T-Mobile doesn't care if you root for JUMP. The official JUMP inspection process is: is it not cracked? Is it not water damaged? Does it turn on? If it passes that, T-Mobile is required by the terms of the JUMP program to accept it. Anyone not accepting a rooted phone that is otherwise passable by this three point inspection is wrong.

tldr stop worrying, we don't care if you mess with your phone.
That was my experience. I "upgraded" through JUMP to the XPeria Z1 from a Samsung GIII that was rooted and running CyanogenMod.

Unfortunately, I didn't realize it can't be rooted, so I'm considering returning it. The backup apps I used on my previous phone all require root.

I switched to Android from an iPhone 6 months ago because I wanted the freedom of installing custom ROMs and using removable memory. Now, it seems there are few Android phones available that fit the bill...

mayaakel
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cool can i do the following

Hey guys
I need this simple question answered. I don't want root on my Xperia Z1s just yet. All I want is to know if I can flash an international ftf to the phone and not brick it?? And whether there is a specific ftf I need to find or what?
Thank you very much
Phone: G1 (rooted)--SOLD--

Provider: AT&T, MobiNil, Vodafone Egypt

Recovery image: RA 1.7.0

Mytouch 3G T-Mobile --SOLD--

Nexus S (AT&T)
Stock ICS 4.0.4