[Q] How to remove Non-HLOS

Tip us?

Schildkamp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] How to remove Non-HLOS

Hi

I'm terrible stuck, and hope somebody can help me. Recently i wiped and then installed 4.4 Google Edition on my i9505. Everything worked, except extremely poor wifi. I then read that I might try updating my phone modem (to I9505_XXUEMK8_MODEM), including a pacth NON.HLOS. However, after this, The phone(dialer) chrases, Bluetooth doen not work, and neither does anything that inlcudes sound (ringtones, alarms, etc). The rest of the phone works flawless - and I DO have great wifi reception

Anybody got any suggestions?

ssymmetri
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem.

I flashed an Australian Telstra i9505 which previously had baseband I9505DVUAMD8
with MKE_modems_GSM_LTE.tar.md5 (I9505XXUEMKE and I9505XXUEMKE-WiFi-FIX)

Looking for a way to get rid of NON-HLOS.bin (wifi fix) or at least revert back to whatever it was before. As the phone (dialer) worked before I used the wifi fix.

ssymmetri
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Fixed the issue. Stock rom has original NON-HLOS.bin file.
---
1. Download the stock rom your carrier is using (for me it's the Telstra stock rom)
2. Use philz touch as your custom recovery
3. Do a full wipe (dalvik, cache partition and clean rom install)
4. Use odin in download mode and stock rom via PDA

-sandro-
Old
(Last edited by -sandro-; 25th January 2014 at 04:37 PM.)
Thanks Meter 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssymmetri View Post
Fixed the issue. Stock rom has original NON-HLOS.bin file.
---
1. Download the stock rom your carrier is using (for me it's the Telstra stock rom)
2. Use philz touch as your custom recovery
3. Do a full wipe (dalvik, cache partition and clean rom install)
4. Use odin in download mode and stock rom via PDA
I have the exact same problem.I tried to download a stock rom and flash the non-hlos.bin included but nothing changed. I doubt I need to flash entire firmware (I don't want the new bootloader).

UPDATE OK for anyone having the same issue I solved it by flashing the NON-HLOS.bin from a stock 4.2.2 ROM I had still on my computer (I9505XXUBMEA). You can extract just this file and flash it via ODIN without affecting your bootloader and stuff
Galaxy S4 Google Edition ROMs free mirror: www.livewinter.com/mirror | my videos https://vimeo.com/sandroantonucci
The Following User Says Thank You to -sandro- For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Repulsa
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 1463

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schildkamp View Post
Hi

I'm terrible stuck, and hope somebody can help me. Recently i wiped and then installed 4.4 Google Edition on my i9505. Everything worked, except extremely poor wifi. I then read that I might try updating my phone modem (to I9505_XXUEMK8_MODEM), including a pacth NON.HLOS. However, after this, The phone(dialer) chrases, Bluetooth doen not work, and neither does anything that inlcudes sound (ringtones, alarms, etc). The rest of the phone works flawless - and I DO have great wifi reception

Anybody got any suggestions?
Hi there Let's make it easy for you boot into download mode and if you have an entry: Knox Warranty Void then you are having the new bootloader.So you need to Flash the latest Wifi Fix from djembey thread. By flashing a Wrong LTE modems will break your sound if you have an oldbootloader. Have a nice day.

Quote:
That awkward moment when you're reading this comment and can't stop reading because you are so intrigued by it,that you keep reading,and then you realize it says nothing important.

If I've helped you at all, PLEASE, atleast hit that thanks Button right there >

Remember "Im not responsible if anything happen to your phone as a result of flashing anything"
The Following User Says Thank You to Repulsa For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

born4trance
Old
(Last edited by born4trance; 4th March 2014 at 01:14 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1
I really don't get it but after flashing a stock 4.4 ROM my wifi stopped working (couldn't enable it).

So i did some searching (found this thread and some others) and they stated that you could fix this by (re)flashing the modem.bin and non-hlos.bin that comes with the ROM you flashed in the first place.

I found this silly in the first place, as i could see that those files were flashed too, but i did it anyways.

Guess what happened... Wi-Fi was (and is still) fixed!

Happy as i am i still wonder why flashing the complete ROM (that had those files in it) wasn't enough to fix wifi.
"keep it simple'n'fun, and ur done!"

-:- http://web.minecraftnoob.com -:-

Obagleyfreer
Old
Thanks Meter 731
Quote:
Originally Posted by born4trance View Post
I really don't get it but after flashing a stock 4.4 ROM my wifi stopped working (couldn't enable it).

So i did some searching (found this thread and some others) and they stated that you could fix this by (re)flashing the modem.bin and non-hlos.bin that comes with the ROM you flashed in the first place.

I found this silly in the first place, as i could see that those files were flashed too, but i did it anyways.

Guess what happened... Wi-Fi was (and is still) fixed!

Happy as i am i still wonder why flashing the complete ROM (that had those files in it) wasn't enough to fix wifi.
Possibly because you simply rebooted into download mode, instead of turning phone completely off and booting up into download mode and then flashing stock ROM?
If you don't turn phone off completely before entering download mode sometimes modem doesn't flash properly.

If you did turn phone off, then boot into download and then flash ROM I have no idea! Lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app
GT-I9505
The Following User Says Thank You to Obagleyfreer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

born4trance
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obagleyfreer View Post
Possibly because you simply rebooted into download mode, instead of turning phone completely off and booting up into download mode and then flashing stock ROM?
If you don't turn phone off completely before entering download mode sometimes modem doesn't flash properly.

If you did turn phone off, then boot into download and then flash ROM I have no idea! Lol

Sent from my GT-I9505 using XDA Premium HD app
d'oh!....
"keep it simple'n'fun, and ur done!"

-:- http://web.minecraftnoob.com -:-

Tags
i9505g, non-hlos, wifi