Set Up Your MediaTek Device with Comprehensive Beginner’s Guide

As can be seen with the use of MediaTek chips in Android One devices … more

Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

A few questions regarding emulation

OP mblacki

20th February 2014, 06:49 AM   |  #11  
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 219

701 posts
More
😁😁 glad you got it working right. I wish some clever dev would build a better GUI for just the rearmed psx emulator that would be great.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
23rd February 2014, 10:27 PM   |  #12  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 15

80 posts
I also found out that that screen flickering doesn't happen on ePSXe running software mode. Nobody else seems to have this problem though
24th February 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #13  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 15

80 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblacki

I also found out that that screen flickering doesn't happen on ePSXe running software mode. Nobody else seems to have this problem though

Last post on this matter, epsxe and fpse flickering on screen is fixed by disabling hardware overlays in advanced -> developer options on the ouya..
4th March 2014, 04:46 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 213

1,038 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblacki

Not really about emulation, but the factors that affect it that google has no answer for.

1. I noticed the ouya gets very warm, not overheating but it makes me wonder if it's like my htc one where it throttles the gpu clock speed depending on temperature?

2. I run my games from a cheap usb stick; will games / movies run with better performance with a higher quality stick or if they are put in internal storage?

1) It's possible, but I doubt it. I think it's pretty unlikely that a Tegra 3, which is designed for fanless use, would overheat with a heatsink and fan. Throttling is common with smartphones because of the lack of a fan.

2) Anything cartridge based will typically be small enough that transfer speed isn't an issue. Anything disc-based was expecting to be reading from an optical disc, so even a slow flash-based solution is going to be faster.
The Following User Says Thank You to raptir For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread