5,593,587 Members 38,150 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

A few questions regarding emulation

Tip us?

TwitchyEye
Old
Thanks Meter 216
😁😁 glad you got it working right. I wish some clever dev would build a better GUI for just the rearmed psx emulator that would be great.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mblacki
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
I also found out that that screen flickering doesn't happen on ePSXe running software mode. Nobody else seems to have this problem though

mblacki
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblacki View Post
I also found out that that screen flickering doesn't happen on ePSXe running software mode. Nobody else seems to have this problem though
Last post on this matter, epsxe and fpse flickering on screen is fixed by disabling hardware overlays in advanced -> developer options on the ouya..

raptir
Old
Thanks Meter 92
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblacki View Post
Not really about emulation, but the factors that affect it that google has no answer for.

1. I noticed the ouya gets very warm, not overheating but it makes me wonder if it's like my htc one where it throttles the gpu clock speed depending on temperature?

2. I run my games from a cheap usb stick; will games / movies run with better performance with a higher quality stick or if they are put in internal storage?
1) It's possible, but I doubt it. I think it's pretty unlikely that a Tegra 3, which is designed for fanless use, would overheat with a heatsink and fan. Throttling is common with smartphones because of the lack of a fan.

2) Anything cartridge based will typically be small enough that transfer speed isn't an issue. Anything disc-based was expecting to be reading from an optical disc, so even a slow flash-based solution is going to be faster.